Why I think Matt Hughes WIll Win!!

well... it started out as a good thread... lol...
you guys sound like you got unfinished bizness from another thread...
it probably shoulda' stayed there... lol

don't know why the hate ghost... i still liked what you had to say...
props to TWO great fighters... MATT HUGHES & RENATO 'CHARUTO' VERISSIMO... :)

Yeah it did start out as a good thread. Thanks Wasa!

Hate?

Why cant a guy act like a jackass like he does on everybody else's threads?

Is "sharing real feelings and experiences" an exclusive thing round here now?

Didnt take much to sidetrack him to the kinda shit he always talks, did it? I mean like at the brutha go!

hey i ain't judging or telling you what to do wasa-b...
feel free...

i just meant i liked what this thread had to say when it was started...
i'm like most... just here for fun and to catch up on mma news...
if "hate" ain't the right word than pick another... it's not really all that big a deal to me...

I think he will lose for a couple of reasons.

First, almost every time a champ is dethroned he seems to go on a losing streak.

Look at Tito, Randleman, Coleman, Newton, Busta, Miletich, Ricco, and Mo Smith to see this trend.

Once they lose a belt they seem to lose their sense of invincibility and it makes them beatable.

Secondly, Hughes is fighting Penn's BJJ teacher who is really long and has great striking skills.

Charuto dominated Newton the same way that Hughes did, only he dominated stand up and ground work.

His length will make it hard for Hughes to take him down, and if it goes down Charuto has way more skills.

I say Charuto by 3rd round submission.

Good analysis going on here.

I agree with the original post. One of the reasons Hughes lost to Penn was he played the BJJ Game instead of fighting harder and creating a scramble and get top position.

Randy lost to Barnett and Ricco for doing the same thing. Getting back to his wrestling roots helped him regain his winning ways.

Huge fight for both, either way.

I think we can all analyze the BJ/Hughes fight all night but i think the bottom line is that BJ just took him out.

The way Hughes didnt seem to defend the choke makes one wonder but with after such a huge upset and the risk of losing two fights in a row, I dont think motivation will be a problem for Hughes this time around. He had one of the longest and most dominant runs ever, he would have had to have slipped up sooner or later.

I'll go with Hughes 60/40 but i think its a toss up really. It should just come down to if Charuto can submit or reverse Hughes from the guard still. One thing to consider is that, no matter how impressive Charuto was as a relative newcomer to MMA against Newton, he hasnt been tossed against the fence against a good wrestler/gnp'er like Hughes yet either. But, id be lying if i wasnt pretty shocked to see how impressive Charuto was against Newton.

But although im sure Charuto is that good and def. wore Newton down, Newton did look flat as hell that night, physically. Hughes should be in top condition but its his mental state that i think is the real question mark.

Wasa-B: this last post was all you had to post. why ruin a thread with all your stupid bullshit? "he ruined some threads so i'm gonna ruin his". fuckin grow up. he always gave his opinions in other threads and most shit on him for it, so of course hes gonna buck up and talk shit back. If he did'nt, he'd be a spineless pussy. anyhow... carry on....