Why is MMA still so tiny?

I thought this was going to be bigger than soccer but it hasn’t gained popularity since McGregor

4 Likes

It’s a niche sport.

Stop listening to Dana.

There is zero universe where violence will be more generally popular than something like soccer.

11 Likes

Not entirely true. The most iconic sports events in history are Muhammad Ali fights, off the top of your head can you name the Super Bowl champion from 20 years ago? No. But I know the Rumble in the Jungle.

1 Like

Violence excludes 95% of females caring so half the world will more or less never care.

4 Likes

You really thought that?

2 Likes

Who the fuck said shit about the Super Bowl?

We’re taking the world. Not North America.

And there was nothing on TV back then. You won’t get a global phenomenon like Ali today.

4 Likes

It’s a global sport but will never truly be mainstream because 1) violence and 2) the athletes don’t perform very often. Individual fighters will become mainstream stars from time to time but not the sport itself.

Conor is our Muhammad Ali

Ok eurotrash who won the Premiere League 20 years ago then. It isn’t magical that soccer became popular worldwide, it’s because of the British empire.

lol

puke GIF

Conor acts black, he has that same culture blacks from the south have, that Celtic kind of cracker culture. Ali said he claims Irish blood too like many other blacks in America

1 Like

Thomas Sowell has talked about this

1 Like

Ali was actually the best fighter in the world and still widely considered the GOAT.

I don’t know who the “Ali” of MMA is.
Probably nobody to be realistic.

But if there was to be an “Ali” of MMA, it sure as hell wouldn’t be Conor.

Nice trolling though.

3 Likes

edit (double post)

Joe Frazier prayed to god to be able to kill Ali in the ring. Ali wasn’t this respectable, humble guy that people make him out to be, that’s revisionist history.

1 Like

I didn’t mention Frazier.

1 Like

I’m saying the comparison isn’t totally bad. Conor took a lot of his shtick from Muhammad Ali and Prince Naseem

2 Likes

It peaked in the US 10 years ago and it hasn’t been anywhere near as popular in Asia as they thought it would be. I doubt it ever gets much bigger than it is now. It has moments of excitement mixed with hours of boring shit in the eyes of people that don’t train any fighting sports. My son thought it was boring until he started jiu jitsu. Dana and the Fertitta’s got excited about it after training jiu jitsu. If that’s what it takes then it will never have widespread appeal.

3 Likes

I kind of see what you’re saying as far as the flamboyance and self promoting.

But Ali did it with style, and he rhymed.

But part of being like Ali would have to include Ali like success in the ring (cage) too.

1 Like