Why not cut Bones Jones?

What would happen to both the UFC and Jon Jones if the UFC cut him?

For the UFC, fighters would get the message that they better do what Uncle Dana wants or else. I also think it would make the LHW division way more interesting. There are 6-8 guys who are in the mix for the title and it would be pretty exciting knowing that anyone of them could take the title.

For Jon Jones, where does he go? Does he take his Nike deal to Bellator? Who does he fight? The model of building a promotion around a single fighter has shown to be problematic. Thanks Fedor!

The UFC brand is bigger than any one fighter and even the die hard fans on here wouldn't quit watching the UFC if there was no Jon Jones in it.

I def dont like the guy but you cant cut him for this def could strip him of the title because that shit would make sense.  

He might go to Bellator and do PPV's there?

I say cut him Phone Post

If the UFC cut Jones they'd be giving a rival org one of the greatest fighters of this generation.

Regardless of how mad at Jones you are, you cannot deny the man's talent. Phone Post

The purpose of Zuffa buying Strikeforce for millions would be defeated if the biggest PPV draws went somewhere else.

cut him for what? jesus christ

you cant cut him for that....cmon dude

They should take the belt from him for sure and put him at the botton of the chain. Or make him go to HW Phone Post

But who would he fight in some other organization?

TonTon M'Pumbu?
King Mo?
Ken Shamrock?

He is likely the best fighter in the world but one fighter does not have a ton of leverage with the UFC.

Or they should send him to strikeforce Phone Post

ironyuppie - 
But who would he fight in some other organization?

TonTon M'Pumbu?
King Mo?
Ken Shamrock?

He is likely the best fighter in the world but one fighter does not have a ton of leverage with the UFC.

A champion with a Nike sponsorship going to Bellator on Spike would be the last thing the UFC would want.

OK. So he is sponsored by Nike and fighting TonTon M'Pumbu for the Bellator strap.

Who says Nike keeps him if he is fighting in the equivalent of Double-A baseball?

If he refuses to fight take the strap and make Machida Sonnen... Fuck yeeeeeaaahhhh!

Not likely but it would be kick ass! Phone Post

If you cut him he'd sell ppv's for another org. Keep him and don't schedule him fights. Phone Post

Filthy Snow - If you cut him he'd sell ppv's for another org. Keep him and don't schedule him fights. Phone Post

Yep vacate title and sit on the bench only getting called for last minute replacement fights against Reem or JDS. That'll teach him. Phone Post

Why would he get cut? Because he didn't agree to fight a new opponent a less than 2 weeks out for HIS TITLE? B

Basic logic and common sense is lacking on the UG today.

Wait never mind that is par for the course.

I am not saying he should be cut but in thinking about it the UFC could do it and it wouldn't really impact their business. I think it might actually generate more interest in their product.

Jones is so good at LHW that he makes the division less interesting.