WHY SHERK IS #1 at 55

With only 1 fight at the weight it's hard to rank him. IMO he would wreck most guys in the division especially Gomi.

The thing that I think is crazy is that a couple years ago, Sherk had to freakin' quit MMA, and start his own hardwood flooring business b/c he couldn't get fights that paid good - fighting wasn't supporting his family that well.

I'm glad things have turned around for him.

I have to agree that Sherk is one tough mofo. The only guys to beat him are GSP and Hughes at 170. When BJ beats Pulver, he will get a shot at Sherk and that wll be one hell of a fight.

to be the man you have to beat the man....sherk is currenlty the man , like it or not........

i like sherk, but i don't think he's as proven as most of the other 155ers

"yeah, but where is he weak at?"...I think kenflo showed what good leg kicks can do (didn't focus on this until too late, but really starting doing damage with them not to mention neutralizing the takedown). I just thought that kenny was far too willing to trade strikes from 1/2 guard position, rather than focus on sweeps or taking the back. I know that the blood made things too slippery for good armbar attempts, etc...but I never saw one attempt at 1/2 guard to back....just threw elbows from a position of bad leverage.

the mmaweekly lightweight rankings look pretty reasonable to me. It's just by far the deepest weight class.

Funny things I keep seeing "SHERK hasnt proved what other 55 pounders have"...What is so special that most of em have done? Its easy to be the big fish when there arent hardly any others in the lake...SHERK was a stud at 70 let alone 55....get use to it hes gonna go down as one of the most dominant UFC champs of all time...if due time you'll see...

Sherk rules.

Maybe Sean could have more than one fight against someone ranked higher than #25 in the world @ 155 and you can re-think this thread....

You'll see haters...What is everyone gonna say after he rules the 55 division? "well he couldnt do it at 70"...classic hater mess

"Sherk is not even top 10. "

EvilMaster is a Sherk Hater. Can't wait to see him handle the Pride Vets when they finally make it to the UFC

AMEN...