Why the Lytle vs Serra Hate?

awilson82 - 
billy914 - <b>It was an absolutely shit fight. Who the hell can be excited about watching fighters use a small fraction of their skillset and indulge in a terrible boxing match?</b> Serra is a ADCC finalist but didn't ever attempt to change his gameplan upon being outstruck. That isn't MMA, it's amateurish Toughman stuff. If you think that fight is great, then why not just watch boxing where you can see the same thing done 100x better? Stand and wang should be a criminal offence.

Why would Lytle want to do anything other than what he did? He threw combos with power behind them that landed and if not for Serras tough chin he'd have KOd him numerous times. Serra should have stood with him but maybe he thought he couldnt get Lytle down and Lytle is no slouch on the ground either. Lytle probably did kick etc because he didnt want to risk getting taken down.

I didnt ever mean to imply its a great fight but its solid and a hell of a lot better of a fight than everyone is making it out to be and its a damn good perfomance from Lytle.

It was Serra's gameplan that was the problem moreso than Lytle, Lytle had no reason to change things up.

I like watching mixed martial arts.

Watching a high level BJJ black belt with solid take downs go into the third round of a fight he was getting his ass kicked in and keep throwing the same overhand right over and over again without changing anything is not mixed martial arts.

It was a decent fight. Serra should have tried harder to get it to the ground, though I don't think things would have gone much different if he did.

Serra was game and the whole fight was fought in the pocket, but after a while I grew tired of watching Lytle beat the dude up when I realized that Serra probably wasn't going to go down. So by the third round I was hardly paying attention to what was going on.

Robin.

dfgbndgngn

Dancing With Myself - Just because 2 guys stand and trade doesn't mean it was exciting. Everyone shit on this fight including me, my girlfriend and everyone that was with us in the bar.

People want to see FINISHES, no matter how it is done, at least TRY to finish.

They came for "fight of the night" and a paycheck, not to win.

That nobody respects.
I'm pretty sure if we posted this with a poll that you would be at 100% retard.

Chillin - Lol at you fags telling an ex-champion how to fight.

If serra wants to fight for a KO or a FOTN bonus who the fuck are you to say he shouldn't?

Maybe he thought he had a better chance of a KO than a sub? Lytle has been a beast on the ground recently. Who are you to say that he was wrong?

this

Fight still sucked major donkey asshole and balls.

But that is on Serra for fighting for a paycheck and not Lytle.