Why the Lytle vs Serra Hate?

Ive seen a bunch of people on here shitting on Lytle vs Serra and for the life of me I cant figure it out.

First you all bitch when there are boring fights.

Then you bitch when guys actually go after it.

Yeah every punch Lytle throws is a bomb but a shit ton of them landed and he was clearly beating Serra on the feet if Serra didnt have the chin he has Lytle would have finished him on a few different occasions and if you are having success then why change it up. Every one knocks Lytle for stand and banging but of that works then why not?

Lytle is great on the ground but Serra is better so Lytle was better off standing. Serra should have tried to take Chris down but he might not have thought he could and since he was landing some decent shots as well maybe he thought he could KO Lytle.

i thought the card as a whole was garbage.

however, i thought the serra v lytle fight was pretty awesome, as were some of the prelims.

Lyrle and serra are jsut tough guys to knock out, but they sure did try.

Just because 2 guys stand and trade doesn't mean it was exciting. Everyone shit on this fight including me, my girlfriend and everyone that was with us in the bar.

People want to see FINISHES, no matter how it is done, at least TRY to finish.

They came for "fight of the night" and a paycheck, not to win.

That nobody respects.

Nexuscrawlers -  i thought the card as a whole was garbage.

however, i thought the serra v lytle fight was pretty awesome, as were some of the prelims.

Lyrle and serra are jsut tough guys to knock out, but they sure did try.

Lytle vs Serra was great, Hunt vs McCorkle was great for the 30 seconds it lasted, I thought Bader vs Nog was a solid fight not great but decent, Dunham vs Sherk was decent except for the judging, CB had a sick sub, Mitrione vs Beltran was decent. The rest however was pretty bad.

Dancing With Myself - Just because 2 guys stand and trade doesn't mean it was exciting. Everyone shit on this fight including me, my girlfriend and everyone that was with us in the bar.

That nobody respects.

If you dont think Lytle tried to finish that fight then you are a retard. Matt Serra has a hell of a chin and got beat the hell up Lytle tried but just couldnt get it done and like I said above what  more do you want Lytle to do to finish he hit him with everything including the kitchen sink and Serra kept coming.

It was a poor fight. I blame Serra more than lyttle though.

He should have mixed it up alot more. Leg kicks, takedown, different combos etc. He's understandly fallen in love with his big right a bit too much after all those knockouts. But he should have realized he needed to make a few adjustments as the fight developed.

FortyKoatz - blame Serra more than lyttle though.

Id support this Serra left his game plan and what he was doing wasnt working. Why wouldnt Lytle want to keep it standing and use his height and reach and hands to his advantage?

Dancing With Myself - Just because 2 guys stand and trade doesn't mean it was exciting. Everyone shit on this fight including me, my girlfriend and everyone that was with us in the bar.

That nobody respects.

This post right here is why everyone that wishes to post on the internet, or at least the UG, should have to pass an IQ test. You, sir, are a moron.

The fight looked like a sparring match or a warm up for Lytle. He was landing like 6-7 shot combos over and over.

Serra seems to think if you don't go to the ground the fight is automatically Garcia vs TKZ. Two people who will never be exciting on the feet Sherk/Serra.

It wasn't a bad fight it just wasn't a great fight. If Serra had tried to do what he is good at it would have been better. Lytle did what he is good at.

ohferfuxsakes -  

It was a sad fight, let's get real here.  

Im not saying it was Jung vs Garcia or Chuck vs Wand or Bonnar vs Forrest but to say it wasnt a decent fight is incorrect imo.

What do you want in a fight?

FOTN and rightly so.

I never saw somebody so happy when his opponent won, lol!

ohferfuxsakes -  Serra was dumb to do what he did.  Lytle was a genius to convince Serra to do what he did.

It was a sad fight, let's get real here.   Like i said the night of the fight...Tex Cobb vs Holmes.  That's what it looked like.

Seriously, I love Serra...but that was simply moronic what he did on Saturday.  Lytle in the post fight presser saying how much he respected Serra for standing and banging with him in Lytle's hometown made me sick.  That's not the point of the sport.

Think of it like this, ufc fans are not unlike women. No matter what you do, no matter what you try, you are always wrong.

If you liked that fight, I would steer you towards your local toughman competitions.

That was the stupidest fight ever.

That nobody respects.

Yea, but everybody respects what you, your dumbass girlfriend and a bunch of drunk faggots sucking on jagerbombs thinks huh?

"Dude they totally were looking for fight of the night... that's so fuckin gay"

It was an absolutely shit fight. Who the hell can be excited about watching fighters use a small fraction of their skillset and indulge in a terrible boxing match? Serra is a ADCC finalist but didn't ever attempt to change his gameplan upon being outstruck. That isn't MMA, it's amateurish Toughman stuff. If you think that fight is great, then why not just watch boxing where you can see the same thing done 100x better? Stand and wang should be a criminal offence.

billy914 - It was an absolutely shit fight. Who the hell can be excited about watching fighters use a small fraction of their skillset and indulge in a terrible boxing match? Serra is a ADCC finalist but didn't ever attempt to change his gameplan upon being outstruck. That isn't MMA, it's amateurish Toughman stuff. If you think that fight is great, then why not just watch boxing where you can see the same thing done 100x better? Stand and wang should be a criminal offence.

Why would Lytle want to do anything other than what he did? He threw combos with power behind them that landed and if not for Serras tough chin he'd have KOd him numerous times. Serra should have stood with him but maybe he thought he couldnt get Lytle down and Lytle is no slouch on the ground either. Lytle probably did kick etc because he didnt want to risk getting taken down.

I didnt ever mean to imply its a great fight but its solid and a hell of a lot better of a fight than everyone is making it out to be and its a damn good perfomance from Lytle.

If Serra did manage to land the bomb he was looking to land, you would have given him a blowey... Phone Post

at the very least serra shoulda mixed up striking and takedowns, so both would be more effective.

lytles game plan to keep it standing and outbox serra worked. he neary had him out a few times