Will be interesting to see if UFC gives Merab a title shot

Merab versus Cejudo would be an insane wrestling match.

Fuck Merab. I hope someone smashes his midget face in. Boring fighters are ALMOST as bad as chomo’s.

2 Likes

I honestly think Sterling matched better with O’Malley, than Merab.

One thing related to Merab…I hate how UFC made Aldo fight Merab for his last fight. Aldo had done enough to earn another title shot and instead they gave it to TJ who did not deserve it at all and they gave Aldo Merab.

Merab barely beat end of the road Aldo though and if they started fighting at the same time and fought once a year for twenty years I think Aldo beats Merab 80% or 90% of the time.

Hate seeing fighters in their prime beat legends in their last couple fights. So tired of it. That was Aldo’s shot though and UFC said fuck you pal and gave it to TJ for cheating and being inactive and then look how TJ fucked everyone out of a fight.

2 Likes

Aldo wanted a title shot and was on a good run If he beat Merab he would have gotten one.He was on a streak and was doing well .Merab would be a fool not to have takin that fight and won fair and square

Then we saw Cejudo come back and skip the line and get a title shot. Bullshit again. It is like being inactive in recent years is the key to UFC title shots these days…TJ, Cejudo, Stipe etc…

1 Like

No I agree Merab should have taken that fight, it was in his best interest. But Aldo should have got the title shot that TJ got instead of the Merab fight though.

All TJ did in 2020 and 2021 was be suspended and go 1-0 via a SD win over Sandhagen.

Aldo went 3-0 in that same time and beat Vera, Munhoz and Font.

UFC rewarded the cheater who barely won a single fight with the Sterling 2022 title shot and made the 3-0 guy fight Merab instead.

It was bullshit, Aldo deserved the title shot and TJ should have had to fight Merab.

.id have rather it be Aldo but Merab beat Aldo fair and square while Aldo was on a streak.Good win

wow Aldo did have some good wins

All TJ did in 2019, 2020 and 2021 was get KOed, get caught cheating and got suspending and then won a single split decision.

Cheating and barely going 1-1 over three years earns you a title shot these days? Then look how that title fight played out.

One of the worse title shot decisions by UFC brass in UFC history. Maybe the worst.

1 Like

not fan of TJ so i agree

Yep, you can’t take anything away from Merab. Props.

1 Like

Merab has been fucked with this.NOw Aljo wants a rematch and Merab will once again sit out ? hes a great friend.Id want the shot now

What’s the old rule for rematches? Quick TKO’s don’t merit immediate rematches?

Not disagreeing with the overall sentiment, but TJ’s claim to the bantamweight title was that he was a champion who got stripped for PEDs related to his fight getting down to flyweight. Yan won the vacant bantamweight title beating Aldo, who got a shot coming off a SD loss to Moraes. TJ/Aljo fight kind of legitimizes the title back towards the lineal roots fwiw.

I don’t see TJ/Aljo legitimizing anything back to any roots.

TJ was doing nothing in the sport and Aldo was doing everything.

TJ got KOed by Cejudo, cheated and got suspended and was not fighting and won a single split decision and got gifted the title shot.

In that same time Aldo fought Moicano, Volkanovski, Moraes, Yan, Vera, Munhoz and Font and had a three fight win streak going over top 10 fighters.

Aldo was so much more active and successful in that period of time and in his entire career as well. He had 3x as many title defenses as TJ and 2x as many fights.

But just looking at what TJ and Aldo did in 2019, 2020 and 2021 Aldo was so active and successful and fought so many of the best while TJ did just almost nothing in comparison.

1 Like

I thought dana said aljo said he was going up, oh shit i just recall he said merab would step aside if aljo stays. Damn. They fight for free all the time. Idk i dont get this.

Much agreed. Well said.

You dont have to care about it but some people do. The lineal champion. TJ was the bantamweight champ and he never lost it in the cage. I personally like Aldo better than TJ. Aldo has the better career and legacy. I bet on Sandhagen vs TJ and I thought Sandhagen won. But TJ fighting for the belt still had merit. And if Aldo was truly next, he shouldve waited for his shot. Many fighters do. Also I lost betting TJ against Aljo, I thought it was a bad matchup. I also lost betting Aldo against Merab. That bantamweight mess cost me a lot of money.

1 Like

He’s very VERY good but I just can’t stand to watch him perform. It’s like watching paint dry.

1 Like