Will beating Mir earn Daniel Cormier a title shot?

I say yes. Or maybe ONE title shot eliminator first, but damn. Dude is definitely earning it. However, if Cain wins the title back, I don't see Cormier staying at HW. Phone Post

It should, yes.

Cormier already beat two top ten guys in Bigfoot and Barnett, beating Mir as well should get Him a shot Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge - It should, yes.

Cormier already beat two top ten guys in Bigfoot and Barnett, beating Mir as well should get Him a shot Phone Post

^^ Phone Post

I don't know, but I doubt it will. Overeem is next after Cain, and really Daniel should fight one UFC fighter first imho. Also there is talk of him moving to 205 to stay out of Cain's way...

If he beats Mir, I say give him the title shot. They'll probably end up matching him up against Travis Browne if he beats Bigfoot, then push him towards the title if JDS is still holding it.

even if he earns a title shot, he's gonna have to wait a while.   Overeem is next after cain which will likely happen in late spring (memorial day weekend) so cormier is gonna have to wait until fall.

He will either fight someone else first or Jon Jones. 

Feed his hordemeat to the reem Phone Post

D=s Phone Post

UGCTT_LnPninja -  I don't know, but I doubt it will. Overeem is next after Cain, and really Daniel should fight one UFC fighter first imho. Also there is talk of him moving to 205 to stay out of Cain's way...

But Mir is the definition of a UFC heavyweight fighter Phone Post

UGCTT_LnPninja -  I don't know, but I doubt it will. Overeem is next after Cain, and really Daniel should fight one UFC fighter first imho. Also there is talk of him moving to 205 to stay out of Cain's way...

i consider mir a UFC fighter
so i'd say once he beats mir, unify those title belts.

If Cormier's victory over Mir is close to as dominant as his wins over Bigfoot and Josh, and if Cain isn't the champ, yes, he should get the shot.

To me, destroying those three is more impressive than arguably losing to Werdum, beating a shell of Brock Lesnar, and getting busted for cheating.

id say yeah
but maybe after alistair vs the winner.

if he was in the UFC then no.

but since it will be a champion vs champion style it makes more sense.

IMO Phone Post

well they said the crossover was a 1 time deal

The Mir fight seems almost like a formality to be honest. Winning the GP should have put him in the mix. Beating Mir should give him a title shot for sure.

Win a HW Grand Prix you weren't supposed to win, beat two top 10 guys you weren't supposed to beat (potentially 3 if he gets passed Mir), carry yourself with an honor and respect = MAYBE a title shot in the spring .

Or

Win ONE ufc fight against Brock Lesnar, get popped for Roids, lie to Dana, the Fertittas, and Keith Kizer = Immediate title shot when you return.

Not hating on Reem, just saying he should have to fight someone else before he gets an immediate title shot. He's a bigger name and a bigger draw though, and at the end of the day it's all about dollar signs. Phone Post

Radio Raheem - 

Win a HW Grand Prix you weren't supposed to win, beat two top 10 guys you weren't supposed to beat (potentially 3 if he gets passed Mir), carry yourself with an honor and respect = MAYBE a title shot in the spring .

Or

Win ONE ufc fight against Brock Lesnar, get popped for Roids, lie to Dana, the Fertittas, and Keith Kizer = Immediate title shot when you return.

Not hating on Reem, just saying he should have to fight someone else before he gets an immediate title shot. He's a bigger name and a bigger draw though, and at the end of the day it's all about dollar signs. Phone Post

Yup.

JerodR - The Mir fight seems almost like a formality to be honest. Winning the GP should have put him in the mix. Beating Mir should give him a title shot for sure.

Exactly Phone Post

Cornier vs Reem, if he gets past Mir.

Winner of Cornier vs Reem gets Dos Santos vs Velasquez winner. Phone Post

*Cormier

Fucking auto correct. Phone Post