Will CSAC outlaw the boxing ring?

It seems like CSAC is being overly cautious/strict with MMA rules in the state. At K-1 last night, it seemed like a lot of fighters got caught in the ropes, fell through, etc.

Think they'll make the ring illegal and only allow cages? I could easily see it happening. Personally, I like the cage better, anyway. With them, they don't have to stop the fights to move people back in the ring.

They will not make rings obsolete. They recently approved the use of 5 rope rings for boxing and mma.

The ropes seemed a little loose, but the CSAC and the referees especially Herb always do a good job of inspecting the ring before the fights begin.

The ring provides a more true stage for combat. The cage is too often used as an extra appendage.

The ring over time may end up appeang to the majorit of corporate america and the really large sponsors and network tv.

They just need to have tighter ropes -- in addition to having the extra lower rope, the "ropes" on the Pride ring are actually insulated metal cables, so they are much tighter and don't let fighters fall out like loose ropes do.

Doesn't the IFL ring have a much bigger "lip" around the ring? That seemed like a better type of idea.

Max

How about a larger version of the open ring that the WCL uses? FIghter couldn't fall out and, would not be able to use the ropes, or fence for an advantage.

"The ring provides a more true stage for combat. The cage is too often used as an extra appendage."

Please explain this further.

I dont care for the use of rings in MMA...A cage is the way to go.

"The ring provides a more true stage for combat. The cage is too often used as an extra appendage."

Recent results indicate the other way round.

"The ring provides a more true stage for combat. The cage is too often used as an extra appendage"

a common misconception. if you live in an area with fences or walls (99% of the civilized world), this is a much more realistic environment than the (highly artificial) ring envrionment.

Gannon made the point I was going to make. I can understand being in favor of a circular cage, but where on Earth do you live that you don't have walls on your houses or buildings?

Don't discriminate against us for living in the sahara desert!

The ring sucks ass. Too many times people fall out, get injured, causes unfair restarts and so on.