Will Nick Diaz ever beat a top ranked WW?

Do you guys think, in Nick's career, he will ever be able to say he's beat a highly ranked WW (or above)? I believe BJ and Daley were both ranked #8, and those are probably his best wins ever.

Will he ever beat anyone ranked higher than 8?

Will he ever fight Lombard, Rory, JH, Woodley, Wonderboy, Maia, etc.. and if so will he be able to pull out the win?

I thibk he beats Matt Brown, Lombard, Stun Gun, Neil Magny and possibly Condit and Lawler. MMA is all about matchups. Nick beats pretty much every striker in the top 10 outside of Wonderboy. I would love to see that atchup though.

We'll have to wait and see... Phone Post 3.0

FrontBroRian - Do you guys think, in Nick's career, he will ever be able to say he's beat a highly ranked WW (or above)? I believe BJ and Daley were both ranked #8, and those are probably his best wins ever.

Will he ever beat anyone ranked higher than 8?

Will he ever fight Lombard, Rory, JH, Woodley, Wonderboy, Maia, etc.. and if so will he be able to pull out the win?

We've changed the FBR rankings to include BJ and Daley in the top eight? Please keep me updated on the rankings! Because before, you said

FrontBroRian - Ha....this. Top 8 WW opponents that Nick has faced in his career:

Diego
Riggs
Sherk
Karo
Gomi
Condit
GSP
Anderson

http://forum.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2541706&page=1

So we are using top seven as the criterion for "top ranked WW" now that we've seen that Diaz has beaten two top eight WWs? Good strategy. I agree 100% with it.

Shy Guy - 

I thibk he beats Matt Brown, Lombard, Stun Gun, Neil Magny and possibly Condit and Lawler. MMA is all about matchups. Nick beats pretty much every striker in the top 10 outside of Wonderboy. I would love to see that atchup though.

I think brown would be great. I always wanted to see him fight Kampmann too. I think he's struggles with Lombard and Hendricks though. Hopefully he fights these guys once his suspension is over.

FrontBroRian - 
Shy Guy - 

<br />
<span class="User-235115" id="userPost56627543">I think brown would be great. I always wanted to see him fight Kampmann too. I think he's struggles with Lombard and Hendricks though. Hopefully he fights these guys once his suspension is over.</span></blockquote>

Nick and Nate will always struggle against wrestlers and top heavy grapplers. The Diaz bros. are my favorite fighters but thats just the reality of it. It's a matchup game.

USADA testing UFC favors Nick.. if he doesn't get high day of lol. same probably can't be said for the rest of the top ranked WW's

Shy Guy - 
FrontBroRian - 
Shy Guy - 

I think brown would be great. I always wanted to see him fight Kampmann too. I think he's struggles with Lombard and Hendricks though. Hopefully he fights these guys once his suspension is over.

Nick and Nate will always struggkle against wrestlers and top heavy grapplers. The Diaz bros. are my favorite fighters but thats just the realist of it. It's a matchup game.

Nate has had success. Jim Miller is a strong wrestler are was dominating when Nate walked through him. Maynard was a great wrestler but did fall in love with his standup. You think Nick will fight any guys like Brown, Maia, Wonderboy, etc... Or just hold out for big fights/title shots?

With USADA in place i could see Nick winning the title.

Nate is going to do much better too, now that the roid monkeys are kept in check, or at least they need to lower the juicing and be more careul.

He's gonna come back with a vengeance and lay waste to whoever they put in front of him.

What was Conduit ranked? That's a win, regardless of what the official records say. Phone Post 3.0

Yes he will Phone Post 3.0

I just want to see him fight again.

He beat Condit who beat Lawler... Just shitty judging.

Diaz is the WW champ Phone Post 3.0

Crystal Meth Jesus - I think he beats Lombardo and Maia in 5 Round fights. Hendricks too

Depends which Hendricks, not the one that gave GSP his hardest fight one off of beating Diaz.

EddiePain420 - lawler was top 5 when nick beat him. the ufc was calling robbie the future of 170.

so robbie is nicks biggest top 10 win

He was up and coming for sure, but had recently lost to Pete Spratt. Most historical rankings I've seen had Robbie ranked between 9-12 before the Diaz fight.

He's already beaten Lawler and Condit.

Soul Gravy - He's already beaten Lawler and Condit.

Yep...he did beat Robbie when he was ranked around 10, per above, and of course lost to Condit. The thread is asking if he'll ever beat a top ranked guy in his class. He did beat Gomi (well we all know he did anyhow) but that was at LW.

Crystal Meth Jesus - I think he beats Lombardo and Maia in 5 Round fights. Hendricks too

He'd probably beat Lombard now, Nick has much better standup than Magny and better grappling as well. In fact Nick vs Magny would be a cool fight.

Maia would tool Nick, he's too good a wrestler and too strong a grappler.

orcus -

He'd probably beat Lombard now, Nick has much better standup than Magny and better grappling as well. In fact Nick vs Magny would be a cool fight.

Maia would tool Nick, he's too good a wrestler and too strong a grappler.
I don't know. Nick would fuck Maia up on the feet and Maia wouldn't put it on Nick like he did against Gunnar. Nick is an excellent grappler so I don't think much would happen on the ground..similar to Shields vs. Maia. Phone Post 3.0