will people learn from fitch not to burn bridges..

Until you become successful?

It's really hard to probably to
Talk dana into coming back after that defeat. He shoukd have been smart and waited till he was on top of wsof, unless he never had any intention of going back

What is the point of the "until you become successful" modifier? Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Fitch would ever be invited back regardless of anything he did or said. His ship with the UFC has sailed.

MostLegit - What is the point of the "until you become successful" modifier? Phone Post 3.0

You can negotiate and demand more cash from any org.  

MostLegit - What is the point of the "until you become successful" modifier? Phone Post 3.0

Well if fitch waited until he was the champ of wsof and dominated, he could have went back to ufc, or demanded more money from wsof, or go with bellator. Now he has to build himself up again, where just as yesterday afternoon, he was to 8-10 welterweight.

man meets fate -

Well if fitch waited until he was the champ of wsof and dominated, he could have went back to ufc, or demanded more money from wsof, or go with bellator. Now he has to build himself up again, where just as yesterday afternoon, he was to 8-10 welterweight.
My point being its almost never a good idea to burn bridges, regardless of your success level. Phone Post 3.0

It's not a good idea just from a leverage standpoint in negotiating your contract. Fitch may have never wanted to go back to UFC but he could have used it when talking to WSOF.

Now these orgs know that the big cash is out of the room. they can give you take it or leave it offers. Fitch seems like a smart guy just not good with business.

MostLegit - 
man meets fate -

My point being its almost never a good idea to burn bridges, regardless of your success level. Phone Post 3.0

How about having nice work environments.

^ You mean the one where he is in his gym 80% of the year? Oh I feel so bad for him, making a paltry 100k+ and having to suffer such indignities periodically throughout the year.

Barbalos - ^ You mean the one where he is in his gym 80% of the year? Oh I feel so bad for him, making a paltry 100k+ and having to suffer such indignities periodically throughout the year.

That was just a funny remark, but there is truth about what Fitch said.

It was disrespectful for him to be put on the prelims(not televised prelims era) or like in UFC 100, where they pushed his fight so much it ended up taking place after the Main Event.

Thats hostile work environment for a number 2 in the world.

Buut at the same time he was saying he didnt cared about fans opinions on his boring fights, and people thanked the UFC at the time for saving them of the boringness, so the issue is a coin. Has 2 sides.

luctaro - 
Barbalos - ^ You mean the one where he is in his gym 80% of the year? Oh I feel so bad for him, making a paltry 100k+ and having to suffer such indignities periodically throughout the year.

That was just a funny remark, but there is truth about what Fitch said.

It was disrespectful for him to be put on the prelims(not televised prelims era) or like in UFC 100, where they pushed his fight so much it ended up taking place after the Main Event.

Thats hostile work environment for a number 2 in the world.

Buut at the same time he was saying he didnt cared about fans opinions on his boring fights, and people thanked the UFC at the time for saving them of the boringness, so the issue is a coin. Has 2 sides.

Yes, and one of those sides bored me to tears in most of his fights. That is nothing like a real hostile work environment, anyways.

Whether he likes it or not, fitch deserved what he got. They tried twice since gsp to puy him as one of the main attractions and he stunk the place up both times and even put him on a main card and stunk that up also.

Yup Phone Post 3.0

I am so glad Dana reads the UG.  Over the years many have complained about how boring Fitch is, and how we could not wait for him to finally get booted.  Now that he's gone, I am relieved I will never see one of his fights again.  Jake Shields should be the next to go.  And Dana, do not sign Ben Askren.  Dear God.

never smart to burn bridges... what do you gain? it's pretty stupid.

Having said that, after losing like that I doubt fitch would ever be back with the UFC no matter what he said.

Rampage made a huge mistake... he played it completely wrong. Even if he didnt want to go back to the UFC, he lost alot of leverage by pushing zuffa away from the table.