Will UFC ever return to MIAMI ???

I live in the cesspool known as miami.  I wouldn't blame the UFC for never coming back.  No one ever comes here.  Most of the major rock bands want nothing to do with miami either.  

I won't ever go to a live UFC event again. Unless you have the uber-expensive seats, it's not worth it IMO. From where I was sitting, you couldn't see shit. I've been to plenty of mma events involving a ring instead of a cage and those are SOOOOO much better from a spectator standpoint.

The cage is fuckin horrible unless you have some really premium seats, and I wouldn't pay $600 to see Jesus come out of the grave so that shit's not happening.

Miami rules if you actually get off your ass and enjoy it's unique flavors rather than being a sheep and heading out to do things you could do in kansas.

Yeah, if you can't have an insanely good time in Miami there is something seriously wrong w/ you...and are also probably gay.

Ponyboy - Miami rules if you actually get off your ass and enjoy it's unique flavors rather than being a sheep and heading out to do things you could do in kansas.
If by unique flavors you mean one of the worst traffic situations in the country,  hip-hop, rap, general thuggery, overpriced pretentious and superficial dance clubs, etc... then I agree.  It has plenty of unique flavors.  

Even south beach which used to be awesome with topless models sunbathing all over the beach has now turned into a fucking ghetto with trash strewn everywhere, overflowing trash cans, thugs with giant boom boxes playing rap at ear splitting levels, crowds so dense you can't even find a place to sit on the sand anymore, etc..etc..  .  And never mind Ocean Drive.  It's now turned into the hood.  

Sure, there are some cool areas like the grove and miracle mile but even those are pretty limited and also very superficial.  People are more concerned with their appearance and how much money they can fool others into thinking they have.

When I want to have a good time in Miami, I head to the keys or orlando or the everglades.  

South Beach and Ocean Drive aren't on a real Miami native's radar.

People lamenting their demise forget that those sections of town were always shitholes that somehow rose up recently and got a good decade or two out of the hype.

LOL at going to orlando for fun.

I4 is far worse than I95 and 836 at rush hour.

I've lived in both towns and Orlando isn't even close.........hell.....they don't even have the ocean.

I laugh as I head out to the A-frame house in stiltsville for a party of diving, skiing, and fishing.

Ponyboy - South Beach and Ocean Drive aren't on a real Miami native's radar.

People lamenting their demise forget that those sections of town were always shitholes that somehow rose up recently and got a good decade or two out of the hype.

LOL at going to orlando for fun.

I4 is far worse than I95 and 836 at rush hour.

I've lived in both towns and Orlando isn't even close.........hell.....they don't even have the ocean.

I laugh as I head out to the A-frame house in stiltsville for a party of diving, skiing, and fishing.
you own one of the stiltsville houses?  That's cool.  But that's not something every miamian can do.  Same with diving, skiing, and fishing.  Not everyone here owns a boat.  

And yes, orlando is fun.  I'd rather hang out at Islands of Adventure or even just on citywalk for a day than spend a day on sobe.  But like I said, you can also go to the keys where there you don't need a boat to go snorkeling or diving and you can hang out at bahia honda or pennekamp all day or go down to key west and drink yourself into oblivion while walking around either duval street or the less-crowded side streets, or go hang out at the pool at Dante's where you can be surrounded by tons of hot chicks in bikinis,  then go watch the sunset on sunset pier and still have time to drive back to miami.  All much more appealing than pretty much anything there is to do in Miami.  

I enjoy the oceans, fishing, etc. MMA training is great here. If you want to go out and have a blast, hard to beat Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, or The Hardrock.

M-1 co-promotion will happen before UFC returns to Miami.

SKARHEAD - I enjoy the oceans, fishing, etc. MMA training is great here. If you want to go out and have a blast, hard to beat Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach, or The Hardrock.

different strokes.  I don't find south beach the least bit fun anymore.  I used to hang out there all the time like 10 to 20 years ago but now it's turned into a complete shithole.  To me it lost its appeal when the live rock clubs started closing down.  Places like washington square, the stephen talkhouse, roses, cactus cantina, etc..  that whole section on Washington between 6th and about 14th had a bunch of cool live music clubs where bands like marilyn manson and a bunch of other local bands used to play all the time.  When that scene was replaced by the superficial and pretentious dance clubs, that was it for me.  

Although, once in a blue moon I will still go to Wet Willie's on ocean and sit upstairs and have a drink.  

Dude I grew up going to Washington Square, the old Kitchen club, etc. Spent most of my time going to Hardcore shows and such, but the chicks in those places were butt ugly more often than not.

A good time is being around insanely hot broads and having some drinks. This can be done anywhere, but they will get no hotter than SOBE....Ft. Lauderdale is another good option w/ a different flavor.

SKARHEAD - Dude I grew up going to Washington Square, the old Kitchen club, etc. Spent most of my time going to Hardcore shows and such, but the chicks in those places were butt ugly more often than not.

A good time is being around insanely hot broads and having some drinks. This can be done anywhere, but they will get no hotter than SOBE....Ft. Lauderdale is another good option w/ a different flavor.
Yeah but sobe now is not what it was even 10 years ago.  Sure, there are tons of hot chicks, 10s everywhere you look, but they're mostly part of the "see and be seen" crowd which I'm not into at all.  Definitely nice to look at though.  But dealing with the crowds and the traffic and the fact that sobe has turned into the hood (it's like hip-hop weekend came and never really went away) just isn't worth it to go have some overpriced drinks while checking out chicks who are more concerned about what kind of car you drive.   I'd rather go hiking or kayaking in the everglades.  I don't know....maybe I'm just getting old.... but nah, even when I did hang out on sobe I still never really liked that whole scene.  Give me The Square back dammit!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

I was in a couple of bands back then and all of them used to play there all the time too.  Then when the sobe music scene died, we all moved to Marsbar in kendall for a while till that died too.  

Go to jimbo's shrimp dock on saturday night on virginia key.....watch the sun set on the bay, eat smoked marlin steaks and watch a machete fight with the combatants using large empty plastic liquor bottles as shields.

Just a normal weekend on virginia key but it's better when there is an event.

I own neither a house on stiltsville nor a boat but I did put on my flippers and swim out there to get to a 4th of july party a few years back.

I used to help put on the huge halloween parties at Miami Marine Stadium, the coral rock mansion, and the Deering Estate.

Party in stiltsville is tomorrow night but there are a bunch of other things to do and I've been stranded out there with no ride back more than a few times and I don't relish swimming back in the dark......even if it is only 4 feet deep.

DoctorVanNostran - then why in the hell did you ttt it?

Because the UFC should come back to Miami. Its been waaaaay too long.

MMA Girls - 
DoctorVanNostran - then why in the hell did you ttt it?

Because the UFC should come back to Miami. Its been waaaaay too long.

i think you are hot