Will we see deterioration of JDS's chin soon?

Three gruelling fights out of the past 4. 15 rounds of heavy damage atleast. A lot of people have commented he didn't look the same this fight. I personally think that is debatable due to the quality of the opponent and the 13 month lay off.

How do people think that this going to effect him in future fights? Will we start to see him get shut off soon like Chuck Liddell?

He didn't look the same. I think those two fights with Cain destroyed him. FYI, it's not his chin, but his brain. You see fighters in boxing take one bad punch and everything goes to shit from their ability to take a punch, mental sharpness, ability to learn, motor skills, etc. It's because when your brain gets thrashed like that literally parts of it dies off. 

Some examples that come to mind  are Jernaime Taylor, Roy Jones Jr.

I'd say 4 gruelling fights out of 4, Hunt cracked him with some big shots too.

But yeah, 3 absolute beatings. Dude needs to retire if you ask me, he will only get worse. He already became HW champ, get out while you still have your health.

The Cain fights were 2 of the biggest beatings in MMA history and the Stipe fight wasn't great either. A human can't keep taking those.

He got wobbled several times in the Stipe fight whereas he was never really fazed by anything Carwin hit him with (he did have a look of concern once or twice but not wobbly), Nelson, or anybody else for that matter.

His boxing still looked crisp and acurate to me but he didn't seem to move as well as he usually does. He looked a bit sluggish and less evasive,  a slight exageration but at times I found him reminiscent of Chris Leben on the down slide. Although I'm sure the damage he took and fatigue probably also had something to do with that. I think he's one big punch away from going down the Reem route.

I think we will have to judge on his next fight could have been just the layoff Phone Post 3.0

I would like to see him fight Travis. I think Overeem doesn't deserve to be in the Octagon with him at this stage of his career. 

kriegvis -

I would like to see him fight Travis. I think Overeem doesn't deserve to be in the Octagon with him at this stage of his career. 

If he beats travis then they're really narrowing the list of potential contenders in an already shallow division Phone Post 3.0

Him vs. Overeem would not be a competitive fight. JDS's strength is superior boxing, and Overeem drops his hands big time and has very little head movement.

I think it has more to do with his new frame. He bulked up alot. He may have weighted the same but definitely had much mor muscle. Everything was still there but his speed. Phone Post 3.0

Jored1990 - 
kriegvis -

If he beats travis then they're really narrowing the list of potential contenders in an already shallow division Phone Post 3.0

I had considered that but I still think the best should fight the best and it would be one hell of a fight. Also Travis is the only person in the top 5 who he hasn't fought.