Witnessed Teach get BJJ Black Belt from Renzo

Was a great day.  My instructor and I went down for a tournament class, immediately walked into the gym to the sound of Renzo teaching.  I'm putting on my gear in the locker room and one of the guys comes out and goes "Harry's getting his black belt"...i said WHO???   Wha?   

Harry!  Black Belt!  Renzo.   I ditched my stuff and ran out of the locker room.  What a great thing to see.   I was so happy for him, that's what studying BJJ with friends you love is all about.

After that, got to get trounced through Twelve 7 min rounds lol.  Tournament prep is no joke!

Edit:  They had just finished training a no - gi class, but my instructor is a gi guy....just does a no - gi class here and there.   This isn't a "no-gi" blackbelt LOL

Great story!

Dr Schopenhauer - I just never understood the bjj thing. Awesome though Phone Post 3.0
What do you mean Phone Post 3.0

Looking good ! ;)) Phone Post 3.0

Dr Schopenhauer - I just never understood the bjj thing. Awesome though Phone Post 3.0

lol wut? Do you know where you are?

Congrats to him! I got to see my instructor get his BB from Renzo last year. Such a momentous occasion and the culmination of over a decade of hard work. Phone Post 3.0

Same here. Damn it really was amazing to see. Phone Post 3.0

Also, I like how Renzo's wearing a white belt RGA rashguard. What a sandbagger!!  :)