Wonderboy Talks Diaz vs GSP @ 300

https://www.mmanews.com/news/stephen-wonderboy-thompson-shoots-down-potential-superstar-opponent-for-georges-st-pierre-at-ufc-300-i-dont-know-if-hes-all-there

Thompson isn’t crazed about seeing this old rivalry reignited

Amidst Dana White teasing a potential super fight for UFC 300 that doesn’t feature Conor McGregor, fans have been scratching their heads in trying to make predictions.

One name that has circulated over the last few months is that of the former UFC welterweight champion, Georges St-Pierre.

Chael Sonnen, whether accurately or not, spoke about a potential GSP comeback with a match-up against his former rival, Nick Diaz.
The two men were set to face off once again at the Fight Pass Invitational grappling event for St-Pierre’s return to competition until injuries prevented the contest from taking place.

Many fans and former fighters would love to see St-Pierre back for one last run, but as many have pointed out, is the leader of the Nick Diaz army the right man to welcome him back?

Stephen Thompson Questions Whether Nick Diaz Should Fight Georges St-Pierre

Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson is one fighter who isn’t afraid to speak out against the rumours of GSP vs Nick Diaz 2.

Thompson, who was previously brought into St-Pierre’s training camps and now works alongside him for Karate Combat, believes that “Rush” would present a total mismatch for Diaz in 2024.

The former welterweight title challenger said that all you have to do is compare where both men are at right now to know that this isn’t a fight that we need to see.
While St-Pierre has remained in shape and looked incredible in his comeback back in 2017, Diaz hasn’t won a fight since 2011 and looked like a shadow of his former self when he made a return against Robbie Lawler in 2021.

‘Wonderboy’ told Submission Radio that he has no doubts that St-Pierre can still compete, but if he is going to return, he should have the right calibre of opponent to do it against.
"I think there should be a better option for GSP. I mean, GSP is a lifelong martial artist, he’s still training hard every day and against somebody like Nick Diaz, I don’t think that would be very interesting. I think it would be very smart for GSP to take it in the fact that I just know he would dominate Nick Diaz.

"Everybody saw Nick Diaz’s last fight, it wasn’t very impressive and the way he was conversating after that fight, I had no clue what this dude was talking about like I don’t even know if he’s all there.
“I don’t know if he’s just taken too much punishment over the years or maybe it was just in the moment he just didn’t speak very well but I just didn’t feel like he should have been out there. And, to face someone like GSP, I wouldn’t want to face GSP to this day like if they asked me to fight him tomorrow I’d say no.”

Is this happening?

@Nick_Diaz_Army