Woodley Challenged GSP and Nick Diaz with ‘8 Figure’ Fight offers

1 Like

Damaged goods

6 Likes

Tyron Woodley is still looking to compete in MMA.

The former UFC welterweight champion hasn’t fought since March 2021 when he concluded his run in the promotion off the heels of four straight losses. After a first-round d’arce choke loss to Vicente Luque, Woodley, 41, took his talents to the boxing ring for a pair of matches with Jake Paul that same year.

Unfortunately for Woodley, he lost on both occasions, first by split decision and then a brutal sixth-round one-punch knockout. “The Chosen One” hasn’t fought in any capacity in the two years that have followed but he still has an interest in doing so against some fellow former notable names once atop the UFC welterweight division. Outside of the cage or ring, Woodley plans to stay closely involved as he’s started his own promotion The Realest International Promotion (TRIP), which is where he offered two fighters to compete against him.

“I’m looking to fight guys that are legendary to me,” Woodley told TMZ. “That I feel like may not have gotten the respect and the money that they should have gotten when they were at the top of the top. Like Georges St-Pierre, I offered him a dumb bag. He said, ‘No, I’m not in that world anymore.’ I offered Nick Diaz a dumb bag. When I say ‘dumb,’ I mean pushing to eight figures, a lot of money. They both said no.

“Sorry, Nick didn’t say no. Nick liked the comment, so I don’t know what that means. But people that I respect, people that I thought were GOATs, and now that the money is coming to the sport, I want to go to those people first to get them paid with me because it’s a partnership. Whether I like Jake or not, I was a business partner with him for two fights. This is a business, you got a partner, it’s not choreographed.”

Canada’s St-Pierre, 42, has been adamant he’ll never return to MMA despite his continuous recent involvement, specifically around the grappling world, which he was expected to return to this month until injury held him out of UFC Fight Pass Invitational 5. “Rush” last fought in November 2017 when he captured UFC middleweight gold with a third-round rear-naked choke of Michael Bisping at UFC 217. He’s since been released from his UFC contract after discussions for a potential boxing match against Oscar De La Hoya fizzled out in 2021.
Diaz, on the other hand, has fought in MMA more recently than both Woodley and St-Pierre but to no better success. In his rematch with Robbie Lawler at UFC 266 in September 2021, Diaz suffered a third-round TKO loss and is believed to still be under contract with the promotion and does hope to fight again. To fight Woodley, he’d first have to escape those contractual binds.

While Woodley is getting into the promotion business, he clarified that it won’t be purely MMA he’ll bring to the forefront with TRIP.

“It’s called The Realest International Promotion, TRIP,” Woodley said. “We’re promoting all things art, so we’re not just doing mixed martial arts. Obviously, I would be a fool not to do that just because that’s my background and my base. We’re doing music, concerts, festivals, cryptocurrency, e-sporting events, boxing, and then we just doing a lot of crossover.”

Would make the worst rap battle EVER

https://youtu.be/v6R7R2KjJaI?si=P5tnxHvGWKQBpZUG

Almost as delusional as thinking this sounded like a banger

GSP didn’t get respect and money?

Shut the fuck up Tyron. Jesus.

Where the fuck does he think he’s getting $10MM to pay anyone?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Hey Tyron, people don’t count the numbers after the decimal.

4 Likes

Should be calling out BJ Penn or Tony Ferguson at this point

2 Likes

He needs someone capable of actually attracting eyes and money so he can then offer them some fraction of the money they bring in.

:rofl:

Might just be his next single!

2 Likes

From chump to champ
But was still less krunk than amp
Jake Paul was all
To the dirt nap and Flair fall
Da end of T Wood
Too ghetto to be business
but to sould out to be hood
Dat beard dyin’ slumper
Is just damaged goods

1 Like

He should take Greg Hardy’s spot at Walmart

Uh Huh Sure GIF

2 Likes

I’m not reading any transcribed words from Tyron. but it sounds like a scammer is elbow-deep in his asshole.

Make It Stop The Office GIF

1 Like

Thread title checks out, Woodley is definitely “challenged” if he thinks that GSP didn’t get paid.

He just has more class than to wave it in peoples faces.

2 Likes

“Hear me out, I got this great idea. I just need you to go out and sell like $100MM worth of shit and I will give you 10%. We’re talking possibly 8-figures here!”

For realest?