Woodley/Thompson: MMA decision poll

wiggum - 
Wasa-B - 
MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

That's what I'm thinking so pretty surprised to see 5 writers score it for Woodley.

The only aggression was in the footwork. No actual aggression. I scored first two rounds 10-10. Neither guy won.

Didn't Thompson throw more in R1?

I would have liked to have seen Thompson throw more of course, 10-10 is probably not out of the question either. Id have to rewatch tho....I think Thompson had more activity in R2?

Wasa-B - 
wiggum - 
Wasa-B - 
MayorPickle - Lot of varied scores, lot of guys scoring rounds 10-10. Those rounds were even as fuck but you have to give them to Wonderboy due to aggression and octagon control. There really are only 2 reasonable scores. 48-47 Thompson, 47-47 draw. Anything else is indicative of someone who doesn't know what they're watching.

That's what I'm thinking so pretty surprised to see 5 writers score it for Woodley.

The only aggression was in the footwork. No actual aggression. I scored first two rounds 10-10. Neither guy won.

Didn't Thompson throw more in R1?

I mean, he may have thrown a couple more shots. Nothing meaningful enough IMO to earn a round.

ok, pretty even: per Fightmetric:

R1
Wood: 5/12
WB: 6/19

http://fightmetric.com/

Be interesting to see the cards

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-209-Woodley-vs-Thompson-PlaybyPlay-Results-RoundbyRound-Scoring-117853#tyron-woodley-stephen-thompson

Interesting scores from the Sherdog guys:
Critchfield and Nelson both scored R1 and 2 10-10 and R5 10-9 Woodley.

Mike Sloan have 1 and 2 to Thompson 10-9 but R5 to Woodley 10-8 thus a draw.

Critchfield and Nelson thus scored it for Woodley 49-48

Wasa-B - ok, pretty even: per Fightmetric:

R1
Wood: 5/12
WB: 6/19

http://fightmetric.com/

What is octagon control?

Draw

I had it 48-47 for Wonderboy but that fight fucking sucked either way

Wonderboy doesnt deserve anything

At least woodley set down on his punches

Politically Incorrect - 
Wasa-B - Critchfield and Nelson thus scored it for Woodley 49-48

The fight didn't take place under the fooking 10-10 rule set 

What?

wiggum -
Wasa-B - 

Then you shouldn't ever be a judge. Even if you discount aggression, when all else is equal you consider octagon control. Wonderboy indisputably controlled the octagon, taking center and backing Woodley against the cage and keeping him backed up and reacting the entire round. Under the criteria, you cannot score those rounds as even. Those were textbook examples of when octagon control should enter the equation.

MayorPickle - 
wiggum -
Wasa-B - 

Then you shouldn't ever be a judge. Even if you discount aggression, when all else is equal you consider octagon control. Wonderboy indisputably controlled the octagon, taking center and backing Woodley against the cage and keeping him backed up and reacting the entire round. Under the criteria, you cannot score those rounds as even. Those were textbook examples of when octagon control should enter the equation.

Aggression and Octagon control are two different things.

No need to try to school me on criteria.