Woodley vs. Koscheck

Great fight. I hope Tyrone can pull it off. Phone Post 3.0

Koscheck to seal the parlays. :) Phone Post 3.0

I like koscheck but I think he loses, his days are behind him. Hopefully he proves me wrong Phone Post 3.0

Mix6APlix - 1st time I sm ever rooting for Josh. Phone Post
Not even against Hughes? Hughes is a dick Phone Post 3.0

This event is looking to be really nice. Im psyched for 4 of the 5 fights on the main card but am really rooting for Lawler to some how KO Rory although i suspect it'll be another jab legkick dodge fest.

BertR - This event is looking to be really nice. Im psyched for 4 of the 5 fights on the main card but am really rooting for Lawler to some how KO Rory although i suspect it'll be another jab legkick dodge fest.

I don't know why people hate jabs so much...

If a guy can hold off a killer like Lawler with a jab, good for him, give him the win.

I guess people can't enjoy a fight unless some serious brain damage has been dealt out...

British101 - I like koscheck but I think he loses, his days are behind him. Hopefully he proves me wrong Phone Post 3.0
Why are his days behind him? Phone Post 3.0

Porkchop - 
BertR - This event is looking to be really nice. Im psyched for 4 of the 5 fights on the main card but am really rooting for Lawler to some how KO Rory although i suspect it'll be another jab legkick dodge fest.

If a guy can hold off a killer like Lawler with a jab, good for him, give him the win.

I guess people can't enjoy a fight unless some serious brain damage has been dealt out...

i think in part its because many people associate the enjoyment of a fight with how people are trained and respond to that feeling of fight or flight instead of being out-athleted by someone hanging on the outside looking to kill time off and win on points.

I get the logic of it, and it's rational for Rory to do that from a business and health perspective, but it'd be great for Robbie to bring the fight to him and win.

BertR - 
Porkchop - 

i think in part its because many people associate the enjoyment of a fight with how people are trained and respond to that feeling of fight or flight instead of being out-athleted by someone hanging on the outside looking to kill time off and win on points.

I get the logic of it, and it's rational for Rory to do that from a business and health perspective, but it'd be great for Robbie to bring the fight to him and win.

Sure, but if Robbie can't get through his jab, are you going to blame Rory for that?

Nothing overly athletic about jabs. It's just technique...

Porkchop - 
BertR - 
Porkchop - 

Sure, but if Robbie can't get through his jab, are you going to blame Rory for that?

havent decided yet. There's something particularly lame about jab and run fighting... like, worse than lay n prayers and i haven't figured it out yet. I mean it's a smart strategy but it's such a shitty fighting style.

Regardless, ill hate on Rory for using it and hope Robbie beats him up before he finishes.

BertR - 
Porkchop - 
BertR - 
Porkchop - 

havent decided yet. There's something particularly lame about jab and run fighting... like, worse than lay n prayers and i haven't figured it out yet. I mean it's a smart strategy but it's such a shitty fighting style.

Regardless, ill hate on Rory for using it and hope Robbie beats him up before he finishes.

Well if you punch a guy 100 times and he punches you 20, I'll call the 100 punch guy the winner every time.

Eventually one of those jabs will daze the opponent and an opportunity will present itself.

If it was a street fight with no time limits and Ellenberger just kept coming, he'd have eventually both eyes swollen shut and Rory would be able to swarm him.

Pork I agree the style is effective and it's smart to use it in order to win. It's just for some reason incredibly aesthetically displeasing (yeah i just said that haha), but at the same time i don't even mind watching laying and praying in comparison.

I need some time to think about this more. Maybe when i was a child someone beat me up that way and i repressed the memory so i now have this visceral reaction to it as an adult.