Woodley wants back at UFC 213 and wants

This is the culture of fighters the UFC has created. Like the spoiled brat that ends up living with his parents, I'm sort of happy to see it play out this way; it's a form of justice. Unfortunately, we the fans suffer and don't see number one contenders vs champs anymore.  

I don't agree with his logic. The fighters he mentioned are legends because they took on all contenders.

If Tyron wants to create his own legacy he should follow their example imo and continue beating top contenders 

Bojack Horseman -
RenzoStudent2004 - 
Bojack Horseman - 
kingj03 - 

Woodley is hilarious ??, beat a old GSP and a fighter who hasn't won in years won't make him a goat

GSP is considered old now?

and since when has he not considered the 170 goat?

Hes 35 now and hasnt fought in nearly 4 years. You really think he is in his prime or anywhere remotely near his peak at this point? Unless hes taking TRT in big doses, hes not.

Beating a legend after their prime is not the same as dethroning them in it. Thats why its laughable when people shit on legends for losses that have zero impact on their legacy. What people care about is how people fared when they were at their best. Everything after their prime is just fun win or lose. No Anderson Silva losses now will tarnish the monster he was, same for Fedor.

dude how old are you? I'm serious you have to be in your 20s or younger to talk about 35 like that.

you talk about 35 like its 45 its not 1983 anymore. Guys have good diets workout smarter etc etc. who do you actually know that looked old that's a pro at anything at 35? serious question i'll wait for it.

35 is still your prime especially for stud like GSP.

And he already said he stayed improving and working out.

I believe him have you seen GSP fat and out of shape like say Hendricks or rampage?

I still don't understand why you say hes not in his prime without any proof.

And you must have a limited understanding of basic biology to think this is a generational thing. GSP is a fighter who's had multiple reconstructive knee surgeries and damage in BOTH knees. Not only is 35 objectively old for most high impact sports (there are just TONS of 35yo RBs), it's also unimportant since a fighter's physiological or biological age is very different than their actual age. 

Couture started in his thirties, GSP started in his 20s.

But fine, you want proof he's not in his prime?

Over the course of a career that spanned over a DECADE and over 27 fights, half of ALL the strikes ever absorbed by GSP came in his last THREE fights. But sure, he hasn't lost a step lol

Lol he didn't even win his last fight. Wonderboy should be champion.

keithws2 - 
FrontBroRian - 
keithws2 - What Woodley says is reasonable and it's a result of the current match making in the UFC.

Conor was allowed to hold the 145ers captive and now the 155ers. Bisping might not have a legitimate title defense in 2 years.

Why shouldn't Woodley push for some money fights against non ranked opponents. He fought the number 1 contender twice in his two title defenses.

It's completely lately reasonable. He mentioned 5 names.

Bisping: He's willing to go up a weight class and fight the champ. The UG wet their panties when Conor did it saying he's such a warrior.

GSP: Former WW champ who never lost his belt, and apparently good enough to fight for the MW belt.

Conor: The UG claimed he was going to be a 3 division champ and KO Lawler after winning the LW belt. So have him go try.

Nick: Was already offered the WW title shot a few months ago and talk of him fighting for the MW belt.

Nate: There was talk of the winner of him vs Conor fighting for the WW belt, since both fights were at WW. Many hung he beat Conor twice.

Some of you guys act like he's asking for Koscheck.

Is this you're way of saying champions should not have to defend their belts against contenders?

If so, you're wrong. It completely defeats the purpose of ranking systems and lowers the importance of non title fights. Who gives a shit if #1 and #2 when it doesn't end up in a title shot? Basically, you have a cool matchup but it's not important in the overall scheme.

I really don't know what you meant by "It's completely lately reasonable. He mentioned 5 names."

I said it was reasonable for Woodley to request a money fight especially when you consider his two title defense

I was agreeing with you. His request is reasonable

Love it...to cement his legacy as the best welterweight of all time he names several potential opponents, none of which are currently competing at welterweight. He could call out GSP and push for that if he did it correctly, but lumping him in with the rest makes it obvious that he just wants to be the opponent of a guy who will be the driving force behind selling PPV's.

WattMell - Hard to make a case for being the best welterweight of all time when you get out struck by Jake Shields.

So who is? By your theory, I cant imagine it's the guy who got finished by Hallman or the one who got finished by LW Serra

sounds like he wants someone who moves the needle

FrontBroRian - 
keithws2 - 
FrontBroRian - 
keithws2 - What Woodley says is reasonable and it's a result of the current match making in the UFC.

Conor was allowed to hold the 145ers captive and now the 155ers. Bisping might not have a legitimate title defense in 2 years.

Why shouldn't Woodley push for some money fights against non ranked opponents. He fought the number 1 contender twice in his two title defenses.

It's completely lately reasonable. He mentioned 5 names.

Bisping: He's willing to go up a weight class and fight the champ. The UG wet their panties when Conor did it saying he's such a warrior.

GSP: Former WW champ who never lost his belt, and apparently good enough to fight for the MW belt.

Conor: The UG claimed he was going to be a 3 division champ and KO Lawler after winning the LW belt. So have him go try.

Nick: Was already offered the WW title shot a few months ago and talk of him fighting for the MW belt.

Nate: There was talk of the winner of him vs Conor fighting for the WW belt, since both fights were at WW. Many hung he beat Conor twice.

Some of you guys act like he's asking for Koscheck.

Is this you're way of saying champions should not have to defend their belts against contenders?

If so, you're wrong. It completely defeats the purpose of ranking systems and lowers the importance of non title fights. Who gives a shit if #1 and #2 when it doesn't end up in a title shot? Basically, you have a cool matchup but it's not important in the overall scheme.

I really don't know what you meant by "It's completely lately reasonable. He mentioned 5 names."

I said it was reasonable for Woodley to request a money fight especially when you consider his two title defense

I was agreeing with you. His request is reasonable

Oh. my bad

ShutTheFckUpDonny -

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exclusive-interviews/tyron-woodley-targets-july-return-has-two-opponents-in-mind/

Woodley discussed the potential opponents for his next fight and whether or not his next fight will involve defending his welterweight strap.

“An opponent is not really defined. There is some welterweight bouts going on, but man it is a crazy sport right now. I don’t really feel confined to just fighting the number one contender. I am not going to be the only weight class in the UFC that has to stay true to that old rule set. When everyone is showing us that, you know, that the game is really wide open for giving the fans the fights they want to see.”

Taylor asked which opponents, if any, Woodley was eyeing for his next fight.

“You know UFC 205 was a huge pay-per-view event for me. Why would I not try and produce a fight with (Michael) Bisping or Nick or Nate Diaz, Georges St-Pierre and Conor McGregor. Those guys are my first options right now.”

Woodley clarified that he is not worried about “money fights” but instead cementing his legacy as the greatest welterweight of all time. If he gets rich by doing so, that is just an added bonus.

“This is the thing. I am not just going for money fights. A lot of guys are going for money fights. A lot of guys want to fight the best 1 or 2 to prove they are the best in the world. And maybe some guys who aren’t champions are just trying to get the right fights to get to the belt. That is all it is. I am at the belt. I am at a point where I am greedy man. I want the fight that is going to cement me as the legend, the greatest of all time. There is two guys right now, where if I could beat those two guys I am then the greatest welterweight of all time. If I can beat Nick Diaz. If I can beat Georges St-Pierre, then nobody can say I am not the best welterweight fighter to ever step in the octagon. It would make me better than Georges (St-Pierre), better than Matt Hughes. I would be the best of all time. So those two fights just so happen to also be potentially huge pay-per-view fights. So obviously those are my number one options.”

MattyECB -
Bojack Horseman -
RenzoStudent2004 - 
Bojack Horseman - 
kingj03 - 

Woodley is hilarious ??, beat a old GSP and a fighter who hasn't won in years won't make him a goat

GSP is considered old now?

and since when has he not considered the 170 goat?

Hes 35 now and hasnt fought in nearly 4 years. You really think he is in his prime or anywhere remotely near his peak at this point? Unless hes taking TRT in big doses, hes not.

Beating a legend after their prime is not the same as dethroning them in it. Thats why its laughable when people shit on legends for losses that have zero impact on their legacy. What people care about is how people fared when they were at their best. Everything after their prime is just fun win or lose. No Anderson Silva losses now will tarnish the monster he was, same for Fedor.

dude how old are you? I'm serious you have to be in your 20s or younger to talk about 35 like that.

you talk about 35 like its 45 its not 1983 anymore. Guys have good diets workout smarter etc etc. who do you actually know that looked old that's a pro at anything at 35? serious question i'll wait for it.

35 is still your prime especially for stud like GSP.

And he already said he stayed improving and working out.

I believe him have you seen GSP fat and out of shape like say Hendricks or rampage?

I still don't understand why you say hes not in his prime without any proof.

And you must have a limited understanding of basic biology to think this is a generational thing. GSP is a fighter who's had multiple reconstructive knee surgeries and damage in BOTH knees. Not only is 35 objectively old for most high impact sports (there are just TONS of 35yo RBs), it's also unimportant since a fighter's physiological or biological age is very different than their actual age. 

Couture started in his thirties, GSP started in his 20s.

But fine, you want proof he's not in his prime?

Over the course of a career that spanned over a DECADE and over 27 fights, half of ALL the strikes ever absorbed by GSP came in his last THREE fights. But sure, he hasn't lost a step lol

The other key point is even if he were 25, any fighter, regardless of age, who is fighting after a 4 year lay off simply cannot be at their peak. 

No amont of sparring and keeping fit during that time would compensate for that.