Work Full Time and Train?

I work a minimum of 50 hours a week and still get in 3 good training sessions and 1 or 2 lifting sessions a week. If it's important, you'll make time.

Jiujitsu is the other woman.  I train as much as I'm allowed to; usually 3-5 times a week.  Most of that is teaching though.  Still sneak and get a extra session in there.  Wife suspects me of cheating.  Yeah with Jiujitsu.

I typically work 55-60 hours a week, manage to train 2-3 times per week. I have a 2 1/2 year old & an 8 month old at home. The Mrs. is very supportive of my training. The key is coming up with as balanced a schedule as possible, implementing it and changing it as needed. In any case, that's what has worked for my family thus far. Next year I plan on getting my son into BJJ when he turns 3. I'm pretty excited they start working with the kids that young. Then it's my daughter's turn in a few years after that.

Bjj Gis Manufacturer - I can produce bjj gis, rash guards, mma shorts and board shorts, hoodies and t-shirts with your logo.

email me info@clubshopco.com

You also can add me on facebook
muhammad.azmat2

^

Fucking guy is spamming every thread he can with this shit.

IDK man, but you can drum up business for yourself w/o being a pest.

I will not buy any of your gis because of this.

Full time job, wife, 2 kids and I train 4 days a week and lift on my days off; yes, I am exhausted all the time.

Berserker -

Full time job, wife, 2 kids and I train 4 days a week and lift on my days off; yes, I am exhausted all the time.

Yea I don't remember time on the mats in the past couple years when I wouldn't have been tired to some extent.

In my opinion to get there doing something you like and at the same time pressing your internal reset button is totally worth it. And looking average guys my age in their 40s makes me think to find training time isn't so bad idea.. Phone Post 3.0

I know a guy that's an orthopedic surgeon, runs his own practice, has three kids ranging from 8 to 11, and he trains almost every day. He competes all the time too and does really well. He's won the nogi worlds, and placed at abu dubai pro, pans, and worlds in the gi. He's not human. Phone Post 3.0

Welcome to your 30ies? Married + full time job ... I spend 6 hours a week on the mat. 2 hours doing some sort of supplemental workout next to that. Feels like a pretty low stress commitment to me. maybe get up earlier? Phone Post 3.0

A_Butler - I know a guy that's an orthopedic surgeon, runs his own practice, has three kids ranging from 8 to 11, and he trains almost every day. He competes all the time too and does really well. He's won the nogi worlds, and placed at abu dubai pro, pans, and worlds in the gi. He's not human. Phone Post 3.0
Damn, does this guy manage to spend any time with his kids? Phone Post 3.0

wife and kids, fulltime job get up at 5am during work week. I get three times a week.(mostly). Tired most of the time.

orudis -
A_Butler - I know a guy that's an orthopedic surgeon, runs his own practice, has three kids ranging from 8 to 11, and he trains almost every day. He competes all the time too and does really well. He's won the nogi worlds, and placed at abu dubai pro, pans, and worlds in the gi. He's not human. Phone Post 3.0
Damn, does this guy manage to spend any time with his kids? Phone Post 3.0
Yup. His youngest trains and he's always on vacation with them. He's a solid dude. Phone Post 3.0

I work full time and it definitely impacts my training schedule. Generally I work 60 hour weeks and get in 4-5 classes. If things are slow at work and I only put in 40 hours then I'll do 6-8 classes. If it matters I'm 40, a purple, married (wife trains) with no kids. Phone Post 3.0

I think he's in his really late 30's to earn 40's. Chris Haraszti is his name. He's a well known guy here in GA and everybody just calls him Doc. He just gets bjj. He's a bigger guy, he's really smart, and he trains smart. Don't know about privates. He's had top level instruction since his first day on the mat tho. Phone Post 3.0

39, Father of 3, Business Analyst for Biggest Bank in the UK, Run my own academy, Teach and train several times a week (average 4 or 5 days but get as many pure drillign sessions in as I can outside class time). Also get to gym most lunch times to lift weights and do cardio.

Is it tough...yes...but its soooo worth it.

Would like to train harder and compete more in 2014 and on so plans in place to do so :)

40, married, two kids. Roll 3-4 times a week (wish it were more). Wake up at 5am to get to/teach a 7am class. Take a nap for my lunch break sometimes. I've been training for 10+years. Oh, and I just got my black belt.

Work 40-45 hours per week.
15 minute commute.
Girlfriend, but no kids.

Train at the dojo 4x/week (15 mins from home)

Train at home 2x/week (I have 18' x 14' mats in my den)

One day off so the girlfriend still loves me. Groceries, house work, laundry, and sleep all work around my BJJ schedule.

The wife and I both work full time jobs with shift work. We both are taking college courses online, only to receive GI bill returns. Two daughters, one trains with me. Wife does cardio kickboxing. I get three in a week. I would be lying if I said its easy to train but I would feel like a turd if I didn't. The biggest detractor for me is the hour trip, there and back. Phone Post 3.0

I am a machine operator, a job which includes quite a bit of additional laboring. I work a 40 hour week and train 4-5 days a week.

I wish I had time to train more. Not enough hours in a day.

I'm a single guy who works a 50 hr. week, plus a 2 hour commute each way, and I train 3-4x a week and lift/run the other days. It's not easy though. The toughest part is ignoring all the excuses you come up with on why you shouldn't train, and actually get to the gym. What works for me is setting a goal to just show up. Once I'm there, I get motivated and work hard.

My coach put it to me this way: "There are plenty of times when I think I'm too tired to train. After I get started, I've never once looked back and thought: 'man, I wish I decided not to.' " Phone Post 3.0