Worst moves in mma history

Let’s do the inverse of the greatest moves in mma history. Let’s come up with the worst moves. I’ll start with two:

Chael’s spinning back fist

Weidman’s spinning back kick

1 Like

Including some terrible moves from great fighters:

-Cormier has great leg kicks. But, he has also thrown some very sorry kicks over his career.

-I sometimes chuckle when I think about Bisping trying to take down Hendo in the first fight, getting shucked off, and Hendo laughing.

-I LOVED Askren v. Maia. But Askren had some of the funniest looking standup ever in that fight.

-He was rocked, but Conor’s takedown attempt versus Nate in the first fight was very sorry.

-Jon Jones did everything wrong in his armbar escape against Vitor, but somehow, it still worked.

2 Likes

…worst moves in MMA …

How about Cris Cyborg signing with Tito Ortiz as her agent

And also when that KTFO t-shirt mogul in the making paid Mayhem Miller with a hot check NSF …insufficient funds

3 Likes

Besides Shonie Carter and Jon Jones, the spinning backfist is a shitty risk-reward.

To answer your question OP - I will always remember the Cali-kid’s spinning backfist against Brown in their first fight. He gambled because he was in trouble, and lost his belt. Broke my heart back then...

1 Like

Scott Morris takedown versus Pat Smith UFC 2

https://youtu.be/ms7CF2xZ61c?t=12

Silva showboating versus Weidman

" Hello Japan! "  Gardner versus Shinya Aoki

3 Likes

“Silva showboating versus Weidman” has to be the top one!

2 Likes

Ken Shamrock's headkick against Rich Franklin 

2 Likes

Arlovski’s flying knee vs. Fedor

![](upload://fHlQhL0P3bqnoLYtxkfqN0NMvXV.gif)

6 Likes

When shael fell off Fedor's back. 

1 Like

Love Chael but his fight IQ at times can be questionable.

Cat zinganos throw or whatever tf that was against rousey. 

1 Like

Harold Howard flipping axe kick attempt.

1 Like

Pete Sell charging at Scott Smith to finish him off.

2 Likes
Bobby Lupo -

Ken Shamrock's headkick against Rich Franklin 

Oh shit lol forgot that one. This gets my vote also.

Kongo clinching with Cain after rocking him. 

Cyborg not being measured Vs Nunes. 

Everything Jon Jones did in the past 3 fights. 

Ronda Rousey thinking she was a striker Vs Holm. 

shawarma - 

Kongo clinching with Cain after rocking him. 

Cyborg not being measured Vs Nunes. 

Everything Jon Jones did in the past 3 fights. 

Ronda Rousey thinking she was a striker Vs Holm. 

I assume, but could be wrong, that OP meant “most poorly executed moves” over “worst decisions.” In that case, I am not sure that the first two apply. If they do, I think there are a couple great examples of fighters clinching or going for a takedown at the expense of a finish. Michael Johnson double legging Gaethje at the end of round 1 is a great example. (Even better, one of the commentators (Smith or Stann, iirc) couldn’t understand why Gaethje was letting Johnson up after the knockdowns and guard pull – it was brilliant fight IQ from Justin).

However, Rousey bull charging Holm and falling to one knee definitely applies.

lindland pulling mount

1 Like
ranier wolfcastle - 

lindland pulling mount

The craziest thing about that is that Matt Lindland is a silver medalist in Greco–a complete stud. He had done that move 1000s of times. Still blows my mind.

1 Like

Dana trying to put on a fight on Epstein's Island during a pandemic.