would you have tapped?

....to this?

Photobucket

Huerta wouldnt.

Absolutely, my shoulders are really inflexible.

Jesus would not....

But seriously, while I admire Huerta greatly, I think maybe refs need to start stepping in to prevent serious injuries.

As I get older I am really starting to realize the long term effects of being a tough guy.

All the surgeries I have been through and metal pins etc....now my Orthopedic surgeon is talking about a full shoulder replacement if I don't give up martial arts and heavy weights.

I am old, 47, but I want to be able to play w/ my kids.

Does anyone know if Huerta sustained any serious damage?

Nope. At 2008 nationals my elbow touched the mat in a keylock. I stuck it out and ended up bridging my way out the back door. I ended up losing a minute later though. The guy was an absolute beast.

I wish Huerta the best in whatever he does

great fighter IMO

who'll never get his props cause of his "look"

that just looks fucked up....i thought it was going to pop

Yes, yes i would. That shit hurts.

No...he allowed his opponents elbow to move up and come away from his side therefore giving away hte mechanical advantage. That hold might look tight, but it is not. I have been in that position dozens of times and been in no danger...if he brought the elbow down to his side before cranking it, that would be a whole different story. I also have flexible shoulders and can clasp hands going over/under behind my back...so that helps.

i woulda tapped 5 seconds prior

at least

the guy would have let go when I screamed.

surprised the Janitor didn't rip it off and use it to unclog Big Tims toilet.

your profile says your a BJJ blackbelt yet you ask about tapping to... this?

dude when was the last time you grappled?

the fisherman - No...he allowed his opponents elbow to move up and come away from his side therefore giving away hte mechanical advantage. That hold might look tight, but it is not. I have been in that position dozens of times and been in no danger...if he brought the elbow down to his side before cranking it, that would be a whole different story. I also have flexible shoulders and can clasp hands going over/under behind my back...so that helps.

This guy knows the answer^^

Half of the effectiveness of a keylock is to take the elbow down towards the dude's own waist. Put's 100% more torque on the shoulder.

mos def

TheClips - 
the fisherman - No...he allowed his opponents elbow to move up and come away from his side therefore giving away hte mechanical advantage. That hold might look tight, but it is not. I have been in that position dozens of times and been in no danger...if he brought the elbow down to his side before cranking it, that would be a whole different story. I also have flexible shoulders and can clasp hands going over/under behind my back...so that helps.

This guy knows the answer^^

Half of the effectiveness of a keylock is to take the elbow down towards the dude's own waist. Put's 100% more torque on the shoulder.

yup, It took me so long to realize this and I used to be so hit or miss with them.

Who is that in the picture? Is that Vladdy on top? It's clearly not Huerta on his back.

Rusty Butterknife - Who is that in the picture? Is that Vladdy on top? It's clearly not Huerta on his back.

Igor Pokrajac.

I'd have to see it from some different angles. It definitely looks like the type of americana that you usually don't need to tap to, but he looks twisted so I've got the feeling it's tighter than it looks.