Would you rather Gi BJJ or No Gi in Olympics?

Neither. Put sub grappling into the X-Games instead.

James

Combat Wrestling already laid out the perfect setting, imo

blue help plz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EXqyw8Xx1E

Nogi

Keep the pajamas at home Phone Post

No gi. Let's keep it exciting ffs

dermotfix - 
GriffinQ - 

I'd prefer no-gi...faster paced and more exciting, especially for uninformed viewers
And I'd hope that they would call it Submission Grappling instead of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu...seems kind of weird to include a specific countries name in a sport, even if it is the host country for that years Olympics. Phone Post

I guess you're ok with Greco-Roman ?

My vote is for Gracie Jiu Jitsu in that case. 

In a Gi obviously.

Failing that, Gypsy Jiu Jitsu.

In a Gi, and also a hat.

I vote for this man's idea. Gypsy Jiu Jitsu......or Gypsy Jew Jitsu, with everyone having to wear a kippah to the mat. If it falls off, one point deduction.

I'd like to see people wear rash guards in mma
Also something to prevent the barefoot thing

GnP Sonnen - 
12SixElbow -
Brian Demuro - I personally would rather see No Gi. You cant do certain submissions in Gi that you can do in No Gi such as heel hooks

Why is a gi stopping you from doing a heel hook?

I always get heel hooks when rolling Phone Post

Rolling in practice and rolling in competition are two different things. Competitions dont allow heel hooks with the Gi period

No Gi is a little more fast paced and exciting to the casual viewer.

no-gi sub only.

No Gi for sure.

Mis-read the thread title thought it was would I rather get a BJ in my gi or without clearly my brain is a bit messed up.

Doubt it will ever be olympic and it might be for the best. Something would be lost if it was made olympic same as it happened to Judo.

I just don't get this urge to have it in the olympics.

We have ADCC for no gi

We have the mundials, and the world jiu jitsu championships for gi

Why do we need BJJ in the Olympics? What's the point?

groundfighter2000 - I just don't get this urge to have it in the olympics.

We have ADCC for no gi

Theres the world cup for soccer, Wimbledon for tennis, and the Stanley Cup for hockey and these are all sports in the Olympics. Its about getting both worldwide recognition and worldwide interest in the sport. Not to mention representing ones country in the games. You can also throw in the camaraderie of being on a team instead of the individuality that goes with the Mundials and ADCC. Not to mention the financial perks as well

GI BJJ

12SixElbow -
Brian Demuro - I personally would rather see No Gi. You cant do certain submissions in Gi that you can do in No Gi such as heel hooks

??????? Heel hooks work fine in the Gi Phone Post

groundfighter2000 - I just don't get this urge to have it in the olympics.

We have ADCC for no gi

The Olympics would give sub grappling, and BJJ some media coverage, and take it out of obscurity, and bring out the best athletes all over the world.

As countries that already have grappling traditions forming teams. Could you imagine a grappler from Russia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan/Iran already wrestling power houses with sub grappling teams!

Don't give me BJJ is popular in Brazil i know Brazilians who never heard of it, hell women, and mens volleyball, and beach volleyball are more popular which is pretty pathetic if you ask me. Phone Post

Jeon Sa - 
12SixElbow -

??????? Heel hooks work fine in the Gi Phone Post

They are not allowed in any Gi competition

how is this a question...gi is typically way more boring to watch

Gi. That makes it "sportyish". No gi is more like boring mma and would not gain support. Make it happen.

Neither. I like Bjj, I don't want it to get abused like judo has. Phone Post