Wow, Dom is really salty

I thought it was slightly early stoppage but really, Dom isn't coming off well in this. Total opposite of how he was after losing to Cody. 

He needs to just stfu and get back in there and fight. 

I'd like to see Cruz vs Sterling and Yan vs Aldo for the title. 

sillyscreenname -

He is being a cunt about it but he's right for a couple of reasons. 

1. It's for a championship, there should be a bit more leeway before a stoppage occurs.

2. He was in the process of standing up, despite getting punched.

3. Those punches weren't thrown the hardest and came from a Bantamweight anyway.

4. He wasn't losing the fight badly beforehand so this wasn't a mercy thing like with Tony.

5. There were still three more rounds coming up and he was about to be saved by the bell.

All in all it was a pretty bad stoppage. It's only being defended because we have become used to bad stoppages.

There’s zero leeway. Refs aren’t in there to be subjective. 

Looking at the Glover fight.. I bet he was wishing it was this referee in his fight

StretchPlum - He's kind of a little bitch.

I hate to admit it, but true.

He’s been bitching about it too much and taking too many personal shots at Peterson.

People saw what happened. It wasn’t a terrible stoppage. Dom doesn’t need to go over it 10,000 times with him as the victim each time.

1 Like
Gennady Goblin -

Anyone who uses the phrase "unanswered strikes" is a dumbfuck.

Anyone who can be a fan of Cruz is gay. You’re into twinks.  

1 Like

A flush knee to the jaw and about 15+ unanswered punches while turtled. lol Good stoppage.

The Pendulum - 

Well yeah.

2 seconds to go in the round.

I'd be fucking pissed, especially while you're standing up.

Except he wasn’t standing up. When the ref stopped the fight, Dom was on both knees and both hands.

He only stood up once he stopped getting his ass kicked.

1 Like

The only thing that Dom has a right to be a bit pissed about is that there were only 2 secs left in the round and he wasn’t ko’ed yet.

I’m not sure if Peterson knew about the clock. If he did, he could have let Dom hang on until the bell. We’ve all seen fighters hurt a LOT worse without the fight being stopped.

In any case, it’s still time for Dom to drop it… if he hasn’t already imo.

Gennady Goblin -

Anyone who uses the phrase "unanswered strikes" is a dumbfuck.

Agreed. As if he was supposed to start answering back with strikes instead of trying to improve his position.

When you're Dominic Cruz every day is a heavy flow day.

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
HillboFrateTrane -
TwoTonsOfTaint -

He has a valid point he was standing back up sometimes you take shots doing that he wasnt sleeping.

He went face down. Not a bad stoppage. Protect yourself at all times. 

He never went face down.

Just watched it again, it did though. Around the 10th punch in, the side of his head went plop on the canvas just before he started to climb back up but that was when the ref came in. You can see that in the slo-mo as well.