Wrestling Titles (All American, NCAA)?????????????

we're talking the pan american championships in 2005 at 72 kg?

Why would you think that? 72KG is less than 160 pounds.

Wow, this is complicated.....

ttt

He may be listed as Renato Cunha, as that is part of his surname.  See, e.g., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renato_Sobral

I don't know if this is him, but this is what it returns for Renato Cunha

Cunha, Renato (BRA) BRA

Date of birth: 0000-00-00
FILA-ID: 20240

Date Competition Style Age Group Weight Class Country Rank
2005-04-27 Pan American Championship Freestyle Seniors 120.0 BRA 3.
2004-05-06 Pan American Championship Freestyle Seniors 96.0 BRA 4.
2002-03-14 Pan American Championship Freestyle Seniors 120.0 BRA 5.
2002-03-14 Pan American Championship Greco-Roman Seniors 96.0 BRA 4.
2001-05-18 Pan American Championship Greco-Roman Seniors 130.0 BRA 5.

I wasn't there, so I don't have firsthand knowledge.  I got my info from an MMA Weekly article back in early May 2005.  I had it saved in my email from when I emailed it to my dad and a few friends.  It's possible they got some of the details wrong.  This is what it said:

BABALU'S INCREDIBLE FEAT

Less than one month after his great victory over Travis Wiuff at UFC 52, Renato Babalu flew to Guatemala where he competed in the Wrestling Pan American Championship. Selected as the replacement for the injured Rodrigo Artilheiro, Babalu did not disappoint his fans. Even though he had not trained for this competition, he was able to reach the podium by winning the bronze medal of the Up to 120kg Greco-roman category.

'I always try to reconcile wrestling with my MMA training program. It helps me to warm-up and to be fighting at an amateur competition excites me a lot. I enter the fighting area with the same spirit. I go there to win, beat everybody and come home'' said Babalu about competing at the Pan Ams. "

Looks like the original report may have come from ADCC:

http://www.adcombat.com/Article.asp?Article_Author1Page=331&Article_ID=9120

What does it mean to be an an all-state wrestler?

I've not really heard the term used much, and it probably varies by state (if they use it at all), but I would guess it means someone is in the top 8-12 wrestlers in their weight class, similar what All-American means at the national level