WWE trying to be UFC?

its cool, I'll check it out, it might have been it

Believe the Cup is correct.

The match was between Angle and The Undertaker. I think it was Undertaker who had (the crappiest) triangle on Angle. Angle tapped as the ref counted 3 on the Undertakers shoulders.

""Triangle", "Rear naked choke", "Mount" "armbar" "tapout""

Those were BJJ terms before MMA even existed which means MMA ripped them off from BJJ."

Those were Judo terms before they were BJJ terms. BJJ ripped them off from judo ;)

No no, it was Undertaker who went for the powerbomb on Angle, when he got to the top of the lift Angle went for a triangle, got slammed but Taker tapped as the ref counted to 3.

very old news...takers' been wearing the gloves for a few years now...

Not so much on RAW (Monday SpikeTV) but SmackDown! (Thursday UPN) is so a UFC wannabe type show. They do the tale of the tape (HAHAHAHAHA) and since Tazz is trained in some martial arts, and he's the announcer, you'll hear a lot of MMA terms. Since Undertaker is the lockerroom leader, longest ongoing veteran in the company, and the main focus on SD!, and since he loves UFC and tries using those submissions in pro wrestling, you're gonna be stuck with the pretend UFC stuff on the SmackDown side for a while.

"UFC now uses pyro and big entrances. "

WRONG

Yeah Dirty Sanchez is right. It was still a HORRID triangle though.

I don't see why this is a bad thing. It shows that MMA is becoming more mainstream.

Mick Foley said in his book that Vince McMahon wanted them to try to make the matches look a little bit more realistic, so they took some stuff from the UFC when the UFC first started.

They still do a lot of crazy un-realistic stuff becaus the crowd likes it...but one thing they started doing was having guys tap out when they quit. It used to be the ref would say "do you give up?" and they guy would say "yes or no" but they took the tapout from the UFC since it was more realistic.

Now that the UFC is becoming more popular, the WWE is taking terms like "ground and pound" and using moves like triangle chokes and armbars. Guys like Undertaker, John Cena, Goldberg, and Tazz are big MMA fans. Shane McMahon was at UFC 40. I don't think its a bad thing at all.