Yoel Romero Reportedly in Negotiations with BKFC

3 Likes

Conor McGregor is reacting to the rumors that Yoel Romero is in negotiations with BKFC.

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) is supposedly in talks with former UFC middleweight title challenger Romero.
Of course, it was announced just this past April that Conor McGregor is now a part owner of BKFC.

In a video aired during BKFC KnuckleMania 4, the Irishman shared:

“‘The Notorious Conor McGregor here. Ladies and gentlemen, the huge announcement that I have for you today, Conor McGregor myself and McGregor Sports and Entertainment is now an owner of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championships.”

1 Like

Yoel Romero (16-7 MMA), at 47 years old, fought under the UFC banner from 2013 to 2020. Following that run, the ‘Soldier of God’ signed with Bellator and as of 2024 is with the PFL.

Romero himself dropped a hint about BKFC when he spoke on the ‘Overdogs Espanol’ podcast saying:

“Hey, are you (podcast host) working undercover? We are cooking something. You all know that I come from a boxing family and one thing I still have to do in life is fight in a ring, but this time only punches. We are cooking something soon. We are not talking about a year; we are talking about months.”

Romero’s brother, Yoan Pablo Hernandez, is a world cruiserweight boxing champion with a 29-1 record.

McGregor, reporting on the news, took to ‘X‘ with the following comment concerning Yoel Romero:

“The Real Deal!”

1 Like

2 Likes

he may be 50 or whatever, but i feel bad for the prime athlete that’s about to fight him. even his later-life low-volume semi-passive incarnation is a problem with no gloves.

1 Like

I do not think he will do well in BKFC, just my opinion

1 Like

Mike Perry immediately stops taking shit. Lol

3 Likes

I know he doesn’t use enough of his elite caliber wrestling in MMA, but this is ridiculous. And I am a fan.

Edit: and he has very decent elbows and kicks too. I’m kind of tired of all these boxing bouts for MMA guys. And BKFC is boxing without gloves.

1 Like

Not sure his style will work cause he throws about 2-3 strikes a round in MMA. But then again bareknuckle … He may only need the 1

2 Likes

Yoel is a unique warrior… guy has over $10M net worth according to a quick google search after that supplement lawsuit win.

So with that much money in the bank and being 47 years old and STILL having the desire to step into a new combat sport let alone a bare knuckle one is impressive as hell.

1 Like

If Masvidal would join Bkfc and would end his career in it, that would be cool

1 Like

Brother he will never see a dollar of that 10mil

1 Like

That could be true and I know he was awarded more than that at around $27M from it and I didn’t think he would get all of it but even if he is worth 10% of that and has a couple Mil, it still is impressive that he is going into BK at 47 years old when he clearly doesn’t have to unlike many other fighters.

1 Like

yoel scares the shit out of me. i’d love to see him in bkfc.

2 Likes