You can see a huge difference in Khabib/Islam

Islam doesn’t have a sense of urgency or that shark-in-chummed-waters vibe that Khabib emanates. I think as we see him in more high level fights, we’ll get a better offering from him. Until now, he’s been matched pretty comfortably with guys that are custom-fit for him to pick apart. I like the idea of the Ferguson callout, but would’ve been more impressed if he’d called out Gaethje or Dariush (I know they’re all managed by Ali, but they are still fights worth making).

See I find that mauling SUPER exciting

1 Like

As you point out in the last part, it’s NOT that Chandler is scared of Islam! He just has little to gain. But most of us fans would welcome that, and well, $$$ talks. Though RDA is kind of a perfect callout at this time.

Weird that Islam seems to prefer going for subs instead of mauling people. As he sure could.

Don’t get me wrong, I find his fights very enjoyable. “Exciting” isn’t the right word, that’s a word I use for guys like Holloway or Yan. I don’t find many guys with a wrestling-based style to be exciting, but I do enjoy watching his domination and effort in getting the finish.

2 Likes

Chandler has 1 win in UFC his not in position to make his own fights