You knew WLW would fail and now WFW is gone from PFL

UFC is just about done with WFW it seems and PFL is as well. Invicta hardly has any WFW fights. Jewels, RIZIN and ONE don’t have them.

From the day PFL announced their WLW division I knew it would fail. Now they are bailing on WFW.

WFW will now be found exclusively at Bellator. Cyborg said she is retiring. McMann, Zingano, Budd, Blencowe are all in their 40’s.

Those Bellator WFW title fights and that division are gonna be horrific.

The modern sport of MMA is around three decades old and the division is still empty. Hilarious.

UFC, Bellator, Invicta and PFL all having “divisions” and belts for WFW at the same time was the most retarded thing in 21st century MMA.

Dana said Kayla has already made 135 lbs for a couple practice cuts.

Its crazy thousands and thousands of men are ready to fight pro at 155, 165 and 175 and instead the MMA world ignored 165 and invented a division for Kayla, a single athlete.

The women’s division featured in the PFL league season format has changed.

PFL CEO Peter Murray announced Wednesday at a news conference in Davie, Fla. the promotion will officially implement a women’s flyweight division instead of a women’s featherweight division during the 2024 PFL season. The shift in weight class was previously mentioned to be in consideration, but now appears to be locked in.

Women’s flyweight joins men’s divisions of featherweight, lightweight, welterweight, light heavyweight, and heavyweight in the PFL league format, pending other changes.

While rosters for the 2024 league season have not yet been announced, Murray revealed approximately 50 percent will be comprised of athletes coming over from Bellator following the brand merger.

2023 PFL Europe winner Dakota Ditcheva (10-0) is the only confirmed member of the 2024 women’s flyweight season.

As for women’s featherweight stars Larissa Pacheco and Cris Cyborg, Murray said fans should expect to see those athletes compete in out-of-season events – potentially against one another.

The Bellator series of events will also maintain a women’s featherweight division.

“We have the opportunity to sort of expand our focus with women’s (divisions), and that was the goal,” Murray said.

Thousands and thousands of male fighters were ready to go and fill out the 155 lb, 165 lb and 175 lb divisions in men’s MMA and the promotions ignored this and created and failed with WFW for fifteen years. Well hey, Gina vs Cyborg did good ratings fifteen years ago so I guess there is that.

1 Like

Finally. So watered down. I’d love for mens 165 and 175 divisions to be a thing…though I feel guys would be division jumping way more frequently, champions wanting to be double and triple champs. In guys passed their prime like RDA it’s not bad after losing and looking for a change, or champs like Jones who defended his belt for so long, but I hate the division jumping otherwise