your favorite gi

The next gi that I want to get is a Koral. The thing is that I'm looking for a gi that is not loose or long. I like my KF the best and when I compare it with my Atama, the atama jacket looks long and the pants are much baggier. Would the Koral be a good choice if I want something that fits well?

Korals and Atama

I love my Atama. I have trained with partners who wear Koral (I like the rubbery collar), HCK (my instructor swears by them), and MKimonos (Adam also swears by them). I will try the Mkimonos next, because I like the weight of the hybrid weave.

Also worth mentioning: Century's Deluxe Single Weave Swain Judo Uniform. VERY comfortable and soft on the inside. It runs fairly large.

~TT

atama gold weave

HCK!

My favorite right now is the Dragao (Arm lock). It is
really well built and has some killer patches. It has
one of the best pants that I've seen so far. I also
alternate with a KF gold weave (Vasco), it is really
comfortable and light.

In the past I also owned a Atama, Gameness, and
Ouano. All of them are good gi's and well built.

Basically, it comes down to your body type and the
preference for gold, double, or single weave.
However, most of the gi's will last at least 2 years
easily.

psychokiller, don't get a Koral if you're small and want a well-fitting gi. My Koral A1 is friggin huge on me, and I couldn't get it to shrink at all because they're pre-shrunk. My NaGuarda is shorter than my other gi's; pants and top.

Personally, I find that all pants that fit my waist are too short. I like Toraki pants, which can be ordered in tall sizes.

Love the Koral... although I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but it seems to have an usual smell to it after a workout, I am thinking the rubber in the collar maybe, not necessarily a "bad" smell but something I def notice on this gi and not my others...

Tap Me, thanx for telling me exactly what I needed to know.

Tap Me, What's your height? I'm 5'5"and considering buying KoralA1.Do you think I'd be better to buy A0?

subaruwrx,I agree.The Koral has a distinctive smell.

Sodegaruma, your post is the first time I've ever heard of anybody having an A0, so maybe there's hope for psychokiller. They didn't have that size when I bought. Anyhow, I think their sizing charts are off, 'cause I'm 5'5" and in the 140's, and the A1 is still big on me. Maybe wait until Pan-Ams to buy one when you can try the jacket on first? JiujitsuProGear had a table last year...