Yves:"I'm not going to die in a guillotine..."

"...this ain't the French Revolution."

UFN 23's Yves Edwards scared of guillotines? "This ain't the French Revolution"

Apparently, it's not easy to avoid getting caught in a guillotine choke by "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast member Cody McKenzie.

Just ask castmate Aaron Wilkinson, who fell prey to the choke in the show's finale, or the nine other fighters who have done the same in McKenzie's three-year pro career.

A lot of guys would tear out hair fretting over the possibility. Yves Edwards (38-16-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC) is not one of them.

It's hard to scare him about a move he's been doing since McKenzie (12-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) was watching Sesame Street.

"I'm not going to die in a guillotine," Edwards recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "This ain't the French Revolution."

Edwards is next to contend with McKenzie's long arms and good grip when they meet Saturday at "UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2," which airs live on Spike TV from Fort Hood in Texas.

Edwards said he has a pretty simple plan for dealing with McKenzie's primary weapon.

"You just avoid those types of positions," he said. "That doesn't mean you don't pass his guard, or you don't get in his half-guard and try to elbow his face in."

Besides, Edwards only has so many taps in her per month by his own rules, and he's not going to give up an extra one.

"It's good that this fight is at the end of the month," he said.

read the rest here.

lol, love it!

I think you're right...

same thing all of his opponents say ....

then they wake up with a flash light in their eyes

Jack Skellington -  same thing all of his opponents say ....

know the difference between Yves and Brandon McArthur, Len Bentley, ( Ryan Farhat, Bobby Sanche, Casey Hobson, Jeramy Burnett, Rob Roy, Dennis Parks, Benny Mawson, and Abe Jones?       

a WHOLE lot of THUG-JITSU.   

great fight, if he catches a veteran like Yves with that sub i'd be surprised, but its mma n stranger things have happened, maybe its time too see what else cody has,

Thug-Jitsu all day suckas! Phone Post

Pour coffee on your Keyboard for that. Yves Edwards is top of the food chain Thug.

Yves Edwards by first round beatdown.

THUG-JITSU but I'm rooting for Cody! Phone Post

I hope Cody becomes more than a 1 trick pony.  He guillotines are sick, but you need more than one move in your arsenal.

Yves by punch to the face. Phone Post

BLACKBUDDAH - 

Pour coffee on your Keyboard for that. Yves Edwards is top of the food chain Thug.
TTT for coffee on the Keyboard!

Yves by flying panther kick. Phone Post

No way Yves gets guillotined. Way too much experience and MMA skills for Mckenzie.

Cyril Jeff - 
BLACKBUDDAH - 

I stand by what I said

Yves has to be the heavy favorite, however if Cody gets the guillotine, it will be lights out.

Jack Skellington - 
Cyril Jeff - 
BLACKBUDDAH - 

I stand by what I said

Yves has to be the heavy favorite, however if Cody gets the guillotine, it will be lights out.

If "IF" was a 5th we'd all be drunk.

Wow his mantra about not tapping, and "guillotines won't kill you" seems like a path to a shurefire debilitating injury. Like "tch heelhooks won't send you to the grave!!" and then cue the sounds of dry carrots snapping.

GO YVES!!!