Yves vs. Rumino Sato - II

Anyone else think this fight NEEDS to happen?

My case:

Yves has had 23 MMA fights this century. Of those, Yves has won by:
3-knockouts
5-technical knockouts
5-submissions
and 4-decisions.

That has to be one of the best-balanced records out there!

Yves has had 4-decisions for losses, 1-draw, but only ONE loss that was NOT a decision - and that was the RNC by Rumino Sato back in early 2000. To this day, I feel that fight should have been a "no contest", as the referee was obviously talking/distracting Yves when Sato took his back, not mention the (accidental?) illegal headbutt.

If the UFC doesn't want to give a title-fight, then give him a grudge-fight!

Lee

To this day, I feel that fight should have been a "no contest", as the referee was obviously talking/distracting Yves when Sato took his back, not mention the (accidental?) illegal headbutt.

You're seriously questioning whether it was accidental or not? Rumina has never been a dirty fighter. He rushed in for a takedown and Yves dropped levels to defend it. Their heads collided. It happens.

What's this bullshit about the referee talking to Yves?

BTW, Rumina doesn't fight at 155 lbs anymore. If Yves wants to fight him, he'll have to drop to 143.

Ryan is correct.

Yves' face was still swollen a week later, yet Sato didn't realize he made contact?

The ref knocked Yves' hand off the rope, and Yves turns turns his head to the ref, it looks like they are talking, then Sato sinks the choke.

Yves' face was still swollen a week later, yet Sato didn't realize he made contact?

What does that have to do with it being accidental or intentional? Rumina kept fighting because no one said to stop.

The ref knocked Yves' hand off the rope, and Yves turns turns his head to the ref, it looks like they are talking, then Sato sinks the choke.

Oh. So Yves was breaking the rules and the ref told him to stop grabbing the ropes. Don't blame the ref for that.

"The ref knocked Yves' hand off the rope, and Yves turns turns his head to the ref, it looks like they are talking, then Sato sinks the choke."

lol

Whether accidental or not, Sato had to KNOW he did it - and it was against the rules of that fight.

The fight should have been stopped at the point, as Yves was dazed and nearly k.o.'ed. It most likely WAS an accident, but it is the root-cause of everything that subsequently happened.

Regardless, that is the ONLY outright defeat Yves has suffered this century. Some people think it was a real defeat, others feel it is b.s. - just what you need for a good rematch fight!

NOTE: I talked with Yves right after that fight. He was very disappointed, but he was quite humble about accepting the "L". What he was really pissed about, was their rental car got broken into, and all the luggage, cameras, etc were stolen.

ttt

No question Yves would destroy him.

(checking posting times)

1-hour fifteen minutes.

You need to work on those response times, junior. Yves could have been severely bashed in those 75 minutes. I expect better out of you.

[/test of emergency response Yves thread alerting system]

and he didnt even know abot it, i had to tell him!!!!!!!

yeah...therealjoker...what gives?
I thought you were yves' friend.

Hangs head in shame

DAMMIT!!! I was occupied with Sprawl83 telling me that the Sofa King had graced the gamerground with his presence!!! I had to look at that historical event and forgot to do a search on new Yves threads for the day, im sorry it WONT happen again.

Yves would take this one fairly esily now. At this stage in their careers, Edwards would be to much for Sato.

Hmmm, I thought he was fighting Hansen next??? What do I know that you dont anyays when it comes to Yves..... BTW, he beat Franca, QUIT CRYING ABOUT IT PEOPLE!!!

But you are not a fan of Yves, therefore this type of attitude is expected of you. You will be wrong, again, and again, and......

rumina fights at 143 now