Zabit Magomedsharipov vs Yair Rodriguez

It is only a matter of time before the UFC makes this fight. Potential FOTY right there.

What great fights would you like to see in 2018?

I’ll also add:

Johnson vs TJ

Edgar vs Holloway/Aldo winner

Conor vs Ferguson

Gaethje vs Khabib/Barboza winner

Vick vs Iaquinta

Till vs Thompson

Romero vs Jacare II

Shlemenko vs Saltar

DC vs Gust II

Ngannou vs Stipe

Askren, Ivanov, Minakov, Pavlovich, Aliakbari, Rena, Nasukawa, Kron vs anyone in the top three of their weights classes.

Following his #UFCShanghai submission win, @zabit_mma wants a contender and has @panteraufc in mind. More: https://t.co/IsJUjXZWZW pic.twitter.com/SBQqahFV71

— MMAjunkie (@MMAjunkie) November 25, 2017
MR31 - 

Good list man. Hells yeah to yair V zabit.

I'd like to see Vick get gaethje or barboza. I know theres a gap in the rankings, but the UFC has shown me that respecting the rankings is a fools errand.

Vick vs Gaethje or Barboza would be awesome.

I could honestly sit back and watch any of those three have a best out of seven series vs one another.

MR31 - 

Who do you take in the yair and zabit fight?

Zabit!

That’s a really great list! I’d love to see gastelum Whitaker. I just think that would dance well together!

JoseyWales - 

Following his #UFCShanghai submission win, @zabit_mma wants a contender and has @panteraufc in mind. More: https://t.co/IsJUjXZWZW pic.twitter.com/SBQqahFV71

Well thats awesome he wants that fight too.

I’m sure Zabit and his team want the fight and think he is a big favorite but I have a feeling Yair’s team will want him to take an easier fight because he is coming off the Frankie beatdown.

I’d like nothing more than to see Zabit vs Yair next, just don’t see Yair’s coaches wanting that.

MR31 - 

I think yair would do Ok against him. Yair ran into a tough fight in frankie and he lost a lot of his shine due to that beatdown. But against a guy like zabit who also likes to employ the flashy techniques, yair will have the time and space to get off his own offense. I'm not sure who I'd pick.

For sure I think Yair would be Zabit’s toughest test yet. I can just imagine them both doing some impressive stuff standing. There could be a lot of really good grappling to. I think Magomedshariopov has a bit of a wrestling/BJJ edge but their skill levels are probably close to even standing. Both are so diverse and creative. Hard to imagine a fight with more potential for spinning shit and non-stop action.

MR31 -

I think yair would do Ok against him. Yair ran into a tough fight in frankie and he lost a lot of his shine due to that beatdown. But against a guy like zabit who also likes to employ the flashy techniques, yair will have the time and space to get off his own offense. I'm not sure who I'd pick.

I think Zabit would take him down if an opportunity comes and beat him on the ground just like Frankie did to Yair

BJ Penn Forever - 
JoseyWales - 

Well thats awesome he wants that fight too.

I’m sure Zabit and his team want the fight and think he is a big favorite but I have a feeling Yair’s team will want him to take an easier fight because he is coming off the Frankie beatdown.

I’d like nothing more than to see Zabit vs Yair next, just don’t see Yair’s coaches wanting that.

Agreed.

When is TKZ coming back? He needs to be in the mix.

Hopefully Magomedsharipov gets a big fight on the Khabib card in NYC.

ttt for any info on Magomedsharipov’s next fight.