Zuffa: Please let Vitor step in against Shogun

imteamme -
kingkoopa - 
imteamme -
KingInFishnetsBottomingBetas - 
enbanc - hell yeah, fucking war. one of those dudes would be getting KO'ed. I see Vitor getting knocked out in R1

They both have great chins so it might turn out to be a stand up war, has to be a 5 round fight though Phone Post

There is having the typical great chin in MMA like Vitor has

AND then there is having one of the best all time chins in combat sports like Shogun has

There is no comparison lol

Also, I feel Shogun is at another level to Vitor....

All though Vitor becuae of past roid abuse is now legally roiding his ass off which is BS

Vitor roided out on TRT like a cheat is the only way he can pose a threat to Shogun

Tell us how u really feel about vitor?

Btw vitor has a better chin imo... Phone Post

Ive already told you how i feel about Vitor's TRT use. Its BULLSHIT. Its cheating.

Vitor was busted for roids. His low T levels are likely due to roids (same is pobablly the case with Hendo) so the fact he is given a "legal" pass to roid again to undo the damage he DID with roids.....its BULLSHIT of the highest order

TRT cheaters run rampant in the UFC. The UFC is TRT central. Its not legit

Also no..........Vitor's chin is average while Shogun's chin is god tier

I was being sarcastic about tell us how u really feel, lol.

But anyways both guys have great chins but vitor has only been koed by a clean flush a silva front kick

He got hit by chucks best shot and got dropped for a sec but quickly recovered like nothing

Honestly chin I'd say is even I got iver zealous saying vitors was better. I say equal

Heartwise Shogun all the fuckin way Phone Post

kingkoopa - 
Demolition Man -
boxy - 
brahmabull81 - 
boxy - 
imteamme - 
enbanc - hell yeah, fucking war. one of those dudes would be getting KO'ed. I see Vitor getting knocked out in R1

They both have great chins so it might turn out to be a stand up war, has to be a 5 round fight though Phone Post

AND then there is having one of the best all time chins in combat sports like Shogun has

All though Vitor becuae of past roid abuse is now legally roiding his ass off which is BS

Vitor roided out on TRT like a cheat is the only way he can pose a threat to Shogun

Good points.

Funny how a lot of people give Henderson a pass to juice out of his mind with the TRT bs. Then again, most either don't care or haven't been around long enough to have a proper frame of reference to compare his career and the "changes.". His late career/past his prime superhuman performance (enhanced) improvement is ludicrous.

Are you kidding? Nice baseless accusations you piece of shit...

Henderson has ALWAYS fought the way he does now since he fought Wanderlei the first time. ALWAYS had crazy KO power. ALWAYS had crazy finishes as well as razor close decisions. ALWAYS performed the way he does now minus off nights (like every fighter has). If anything you can claim he's still fighting the way he always did and the TRT is keeping him at that level, but FUCK your stupid assumption that he all of a sudden got better because of TRT.

I have seen ALL of the Pride events and Bushido events and own them on DVD and have seen all his fights numerous times. Please break down and point out where he DIDNT fight the way he does now? Please point out the sudden change and enhancement in his capacity and point out where it started and give examples please.

The only jump in Hendersons skill/ability was when he started doing boxing camps with Freddie Roach in the early 2000s and also the huge change in skill after he took some beatings in the UFC 13 tourney (that I didnt think he should have won, against either Newton OR Goes).

Calm down there. Next time change out of the Affliction shirt before replying.

Anyway, I suggest you watch his fights again (not that you've actually seen them in the first place). Henderson was a tough, scrappy guy back in the day. He didn't have 1-shot power like now with his TRT-fueled bombs. In fact, he didn't have an "H-bomb" and he wasn't called "Hendo." Instead, he was often called "Decision Dan." A lot of his wins came by decision and many of those were questionable.

Opponents didn't fight him differently like they do today nor did fans discuss how his opponents had better be wary of his one-shot bombs.

I saw him in person back in the day. His body has changed a lot since then. Funny with the timing of that. Something must've been in the water at Team Quest. Something that would make decorated athletes go hypogonadal and need TRT one day.

An athlete in his mid-30 to 40s being better than ever with improved power and performance? In baseball we'd be talking about guys like Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds.

But you say it's because of his training with Freddie Roach...

lol

What about the Wanderlei fight? Henzo? Henderson had T/KO wins over tons of guys.

I always thought Decision Dan came from him winning decisions that he, maybe, shouldn't have.

Hendo has not fought the same his entire career. His stance is the same but thats about it.

His movement and footwork has gotten better his wrestling has gotten a lil worse. He always had heavy hands but it was only his right until the 2nd wand fight. He got dropped by shoji for cryin out loud.

But anyways Hendo admittedly takes trt as does vitor. A bunch of ithers like randy admitted to it to.

But vitor is the only one shitted on left and right. Quite honestly sometimes I think its cuz he talks about jesus so much. Trt is just an excuse to trash vitor
Vitor has always had ko power and fast hands too btw. Just like hendo always had ko power and a good chin Phone Post

I wasn't arguing for or against TRT, I was just arguing against the fact that Hendo has changed completely since starting TRT.

To be honest I'm torn on the subject, but I generally lean towards TRT being unfair.

imteamme -
brahmabull81 - Yeah imteamme, honestly now that thats cleared up Im actually with you on this 100% in terms of Shogun. WAR SHOGUN.

And honestly I wish he wasnt in this spot because hes going to be pressured into taking this fight and shouldnt be.

But then why are Shogun's opponents NEVER pressured into still fighting Shogun?

Why does it always have to be Shogun?

Its not fair at all and there is NO consistency

Also, the UFC was able to set Jones vs Sonnen for a later date, i dont see why they cant do the same for Shogun vs Nog

And i know people will bring up that Jones fought Vitor

BUT they gave Jones another month to fight Vitor

So IF Shogun fights his replacement, Shogun should be given ANOTHER month to fight his new opponent

THIS TIME the UFC CAN afford to cancle Shogun vs Nog because they hava a good main event where as Jones was the main event for UFC 151

Great point Phone Post

boxy - 
brahmabull81 - 
Demolition Man - 
boxy - 
brahmabull81 - 
boxy - 
imteamme - 

Good points.

Funny how a lot of people give Henderson a pass to juice out of his mind with the TRT bs. Then again, most either don't care or haven't been around long enough to have a proper frame of reference to compare his career and the "changes.". His late career/past his prime superhuman performance (enhanced) improvement is ludicrous.

Are you kidding? Nice baseless accusations you piece of shit...

Henderson has ALWAYS fought the way he does now since he fought Wanderlei the first time. ALWAYS had crazy KO power. ALWAYS had crazy finishes as well as razor close decisions. ALWAYS performed the way he does now minus off nights (like every fighter has). If anything you can claim he's still fighting the way he always did and the TRT is keeping him at that level, but FUCK your stupid assumption that he all of a sudden got better because of TRT.

I have seen ALL of the Pride events and Bushido events and own them on DVD and have seen all his fights numerous times. Please break down and point out where he DIDNT fight the way he does now? Please point out the sudden change and enhancement in his capacity and point out where it started and give examples please.

The only jump in Hendersons skill/ability was when he started doing boxing camps with Freddie Roach in the early 2000s and also the huge change in skill after he took some beatings in the UFC 13 tourney (that I didnt think he should have won, against either Newton OR Goes).

Calm down there. Next time change out of the Affliction shirt before replying.

Anyway, I suggest you watch his fights again (not that you've actually seen them in the first place). Henderson was a tough, scrappy guy back in the day. He didn't have 1-shot power like now with his TRT-fueled bombs. In fact, he didn't have an "H-bomb" and he wasn't called "Hendo." Instead, he was often called "Decision Dan." A lot of his wins came by decision and many of those were questionable.

Opponents didn't fight him differently like they do today nor did fans discuss how his opponents had better be wary of his one-shot bombs.

I saw him in person back in the day. His body has changed a lot since then. Funny with the timing of that. Something must've been in the water at Team Quest. Something that would make decorated athletes go hypogonadal and need TRT one day.

An athlete in his mid-30 to 40s being better than ever with improved power and performance? In baseball we'd be talking about guys like Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds.

But you say it's because of his training with Freddie Roach...

lol

What about the Wanderlei fight? Henzo? Henderson had T/KO wins over tons of guys.

I always thought Decision Dan came from him winning decisions that he, maybe, shouldn't have.

That WAS why he was called that.... This guy was asked to give the examples of when it was differenct and did exactly what I thought he would. I even knew he'd commit the common mistake anyone makes who wasnt really watching Pride when it happened, because only people like that ever claim he was even partially called Decision Dan because of so many decisions. It was SOLELY because he got a few that were BULLSHIT and should have lost.

Dan ALWAYS had the KO power he does now and ALWYS fought like he does now since he started training seriously in like 2000-2001.

SO I take it Boxy doesnt remember Dan rocking the Incredible Hulk gloves numerous times around and after Pride 13 because he was known for his crazy KO power? Really?

Henderson wasn't known for his "crazy KO power" back then. His biggest and most shocking KO win came when he landed a TRT-enhanced hook on Wanderlei. No one expected him to one-punch Wand, not even a flu-ridden version.

Prior to that, a KO against a smaller Renzo was very controversial on the UG. People were saying it was caused by a clash of heads. I remember seeing again afterward on here and couldn't really tell one way or the other. The next high profile stoppage was a TKO vs Busta and it was also controversial on here. Again, people were saying it appeared to be a clash of heads that stunned Busta. It seemed to be an accidental clash, and many on the UG wanted a rematch (which Busta eventually got and should've won... Decision Dan struck again).

Other than that, Henderson had stopped smaller guys like Shoji, Chona and Oyama. Yawn.

Once Henderson juiced up, he suddenly became a destroyer of worlds with his enhanced ability.

Hendo was on TRT versus Wanderlei?

People thought that Renzo knocked himself out buy shooting into Hendos knee, but if you watch it again it was clearly, at least to me, a punch that put him out.

I'm no history expert, especially compared to most here, but going off Wikipedia Hendo had 7 T/KO victories in Pride, you say most were against smaller guys but that was Hendos weightclass at the time and he was able to move and still knock people out.

boxy - Well, one of those stoppages was against Nakumura who suffered a shoulder injury. And Busta 1 was controversial.

No I skipped the Nakumura TKO because it was an injury, with that he has 8 finishes too 8 decisions (I think)

kingkoopa -
imteamme -
brahmabull81 - Yeah imteamme, honestly now that thats cleared up Im actually with you on this 100% in terms of Shogun. WAR SHOGUN.

And honestly I wish he wasnt in this spot because hes going to be pressured into taking this fight and shouldnt be.

But then why are Shogun's opponents NEVER pressured into still fighting Shogun?

Why does it always have to be Shogun?

Its not fair at all and there is NO consistency

Also, the UFC was able to set Jones vs Sonnen for a later date, i dont see why they cant do the same for Shogun vs Nog

And i know people will bring up that Jones fought Vitor

BUT they gave Jones another month to fight Vitor

So IF Shogun fights his replacement, Shogun should be given ANOTHER month to fight his new opponent

THIS TIME the UFC CAN afford to cancle Shogun vs Nog because they hava a good main event where as Jones was the main event for UFC 151

Great point Phone Post

I think it comes down to shogun having the heart and mindset of a fighter.

That's what separates guys like shogun, wand, chuck, saku etc.. from guys like gsp, jones and the newer generation of fighters Phone Post

Has vitor even said anything about this? All I've read is sonnen's tweet about the fight Phone Post 3.0

I'd like to see it Phone Post 3.0

Hendo vs shogun 2
Machida vs rashad 2 Phone Post

Vitor shogun would be an amazing fight, thank you. Phone Post

Vitor can't get a tue from NSAC. So he can't fight outside brazil I don't think . Phone Post 3.0

alkysmurf - Vitor shogun would be an amazing fight, thank you. Phone Post
Who is Vitor Shogun? Phone Post 3.0