Coleman beats Kerr beat Ken beats Coleman

An old injured 205lb Ken took a hell of a beating from Tito and managed to escape to his feet three times.
He also escaped from Severn’s mount.

I think Ken makes Coleman work for that takedown. In his book he implied that Coleman couldn’t take him down in training, and the LD guys said the sessions were one-sided.
Granted, they might be speaking from bias. But I don’t think they would outright lie.

Coleman ain’t running through him. Even a G&P beatdown would take time.

I think Ken submitting Coleman after he got tired is a pretty likely outcome.

Too bad we didn’t get to find out.

I wanted that fight more than Ken/Tank.

1 Like

I think the rules and timeline are important. Early on Coleman was roided to the gills and gassed. He did have headbutts available and Kens best shot at winning was a leg lock. He never was good off his back.

In 2000 Coleman was more measured and paced himself for a long fight. He was still a beast though. When shogun tried to triangle and leg lock him he got slammed and manhandled.

I believe Ken would be on his back whenever they fought. If Ken get a deep leg lock entry he probably wins. If Coleman prepared for the leg locks I think he wins.

In Pride rules I think he finishes him with north south knees to the head

1 Like

You’re completely delusional when it comes to anything Ken Shamrock related.

So the idea that Shamrock could submit a Mark Coleman – who got beat by a guy Ken submitted, and one of Ken’s students – is “delusional” to you?

Please explain to me exactly how I’m “delusional” when it comes to Ken Shamrock.

I look forward to the “education” LOL.

1 Like

“Ken matched up good with wrestlers.”

0-3 vs Tito
0-1 vs Fujita
1-1 vs Severn
0-1 vs Frye
1-6 is impressive.

Good point about Tito. I think Coleman is a better wrestler and has better ground control than Tito. Tito has better ground strikes has better cardio and sub defense.

If Ken couldn’t catch Tito in a leg lock in 3 tries I don’t think he catches Coleman

Kerr also had pretty decent submissions. But, Coleman had heart and grit, if it came down to a prolonged, hard fight, I think Coleman would’ve taken it.

This disingenuous post is completely void of context.

You come off like a hater.

What are Kerr’s best wins vs Coleman’s?

Ken was a shadow of himself when he fought Tito.
He never even got the chance to attempt a submission.

Tito was more evolved than 90s Coleman in terms of submission defense and overall MMA.

The point about Ken/Tito, was that even old injured Ken could take a beating not give up.
Prime 90s Shamrock would have been twice as difficult to finish via G&P.

Name one other fighthter before Tito that actually handed Ken a proper ass kicking.
Royce tapped him with a choke, and Severn won a stupid decision in a stupid non-fight.
Ken was killing Fujita before he gassed tighe point of failure, and he literally broke both of Frye’s legs in a war between aging pioneers.
Ken had a lot of fights with a lot of very good fighters, for a lot of years, before somebody (Tito) actually physically handed his ass to him.

Think about that for a minute…

90s Ken was legitimately among the top fighters in the world, and very arguably #1 for a time.

He was spent by the time of the Tito fights and didn’t ever cut weight until that first fight and screwed that up, the discussion is if they were all in their prime

The second Severn fight was a close decision and Severn broke the deal to not throw closed fists, no excuses here but this is what happened

Coleman would pummel Shamrocks face into hamburger. The question is- could Shanrock survive the onslaught with enough left in the tank to submit Mark? I don’t think so and Kendtruggled with fighters as strong or stronger than him

When?

In the UFC after Pride?

And Ken was probably stronger than Coleman…

Word is Ken handled Coleman in training.
No it’s not a fight…but at the very least it means Ken wasn’t outmatched physically.

I think Coleman had more heart. His win in the Pride owgp proved that. Coleman beat Igor and Kerr could not

1 Like

jajajaja!!!

If takada can tap Coleman with a leg lock surely ken shamrock can

That was a work. Stop trolling

tim, i got coleman over both kerr and ken. you agree? i do not know or care about kerr versus ken jajaja…

What the fuck is all this “jajajaja” stuff on these boards lately? I know it’s like the Spanish J sounding like H but why is that funny and why are so many people doing it?

2 Likes

I NEVER take training stories serious. You do realize that training and competing are two completely different things and involve completely different mindsets. I know people that aren’t very good in the practice room but are gamers when they compete and vise versa.

2 Likes