10 worst nicknames in mixed martial arts

Tamdam, are you still fighting? last I heard was Bellator not going through and then nothing...

No way The Barn Cat makes this list!

Just wait until sponsors start buying the nicknaming rights to fighters. Then you're really going to see some winners.

Thiago "Blowout Cards" Alves ?!
Tamdan "CNY MMA" McCrory ?!

Vtfu barncat. Phone Post

Tamdan RVCA Barn Cat McCrory I

the rock

the pitbull

both generic and lame

on the other hand i always thought "the master" would be a great nickname for ryan bader

The upgrade

The Maine-iac

Cro Cop

Croatian sensation Phone Post

Shocked no one mentioned Frank 'Tramp Stamp', I mean, 'Twinkle Toes' Trigg - easily the weakest nickname in the game...

Also Josh 'The Babyfaced Assassin' Barnett seems limp for a champion/world class talent...

[quote Also, CB "Fire Marshall Bill" Dollaway.

HAAHAHAHAH!!!!!
This is what i will refer to him as from now on!!!!the upper lip does it...man i am still LMFAO!!!

I'm going to have to say that the best nickname I have heard in a long time is not from MMA, but from football.

Patriots RB BenJarvus-GreenEllis aka "The Law-firm" awesome nickname

"Muscle Shark" is the most cringe-inducing in all of MMA to me.

I can't stand Stephan "The American Psycho" Bonnar. Barncat is awesome!!!

I actually think "Twinkle Toes" and "Hillbilly Hearththrob" are two of the best nicknames in MMA. Dude has no sense of humor. How do you rip on Barn Cat, when there's someone calling themselves the "soul assassin". I mean, seriously?

"One Man Army"

What if a fighter went by "no-stupid-nickname"?

J-Lau / J-Lo is the worst, followed closely by the Dean of Mean

Basically we all agree that The Barncat is an amazing nickname.

Even though hes one of my all time favorite fighters, I never liked "Hollywood" as a nickname for Dan Henderson

GeneralJackCosmo - "Muscle Shark" is the most cringe-inducing in all of MMA to me.

This has been gone over many times.

This nickname was given to him by Japanese fans. I guess it had something to do with his last name, Sherk, being translated to shark in Japanese. Then they added in the muscle part because he was a strong little guy. In the end, the Japanese fans called him Muscle Shark and it stuck.

Kind of like how they created Cro Cop. They gave him a nickname based on his profession and country of origin.

jacktripper - the rock

the pitbull

both generic and lame

on the other hand i always thought "the master" would be a great nickname for ryan bader

Ryan "The Master" Bader

Jub Jub

Einar - How can Sean Sherk not be on that list? "The Muscle Shark" is by far the worst nickname ever in any sport.

That was coined when he fought in Japan i believe. His last name was so close to "SharK" and hes a muscular dude.
Not a brilliant nickname, for sure.

Helps to know nickname origins before you think they are the worst.

Generic "tough sounding " nicknames like Pitbull, Hitman, Assassin, etc...are the worst in my opinion because there is zero originality behind them.
At least nicknames like the "Barncat", and "Bathroom"...although maybe not "cool" sounding to all you affliction types, are at least original.

And "Bathroom" is a real nickname for a fighter who lost his virginity in a bathroom after his first pro fight.