10 Year anniversary flooded by hurricane Irene

http://youtu.be/NZGwkt0bbjw

Who can it be now?

My name is Eddy Rolon, as you could probably tell by the screenname I use. I get to be 39 years old in Januay 2012. I have loved MMA since it was NHB. I began competing in 1998 and have had exactly 199 matches (number 200 coming soon) between Pro and Amateur MMA, Shootfighting, Grappling, Boxing, BJJ. Between Reffing, cornering and organizing I have been involved with literally thousands combat sports matches. I've won 1 pro belt as well as two amateur belts in same day tournaments with 10 minute rounds in 2000. I won the IFC Battle ground heavyweight title in 2001 at the Tropicana in Atlantic City. The audio problems and video rights are a mess so they were never released to my knowledge. I have VHS of some good fights that need to get converted. But I digress. 

I've paid my dues ... time after time.

I opened my own school out of necessity in September 2001, since the gym I was training at was supposed to close down that month. I cashed in my 7 years 401K from the cable company where I worked as a field service technician to continue doing something I love as much now as I loved then. $37,000 was the payout I split that unevenly between starting this business and living expenses. Not bad for a kid who grew up poor in Jersey City. I averaged 60 hours training, teaching, administrating and a week for the first year. In addition I worked part time as a phys ed teacher and computer tech in Newark, NJ and my wife more than pulled her financial weight with ramping up her wedding and magazine photo shoot hair and make-up artistry. www.modelbride.com for examples of her work (Beth Rolon) from the company that books her the most. Darn my digressing.

Ch-ch-ch-changes

My gyms have ranged in size; Size medium to Large. The smallest being 3200 square feet which housed over 1000 square feet of matt are and a 24 X 24 Boxing ring when I co-owned BAMMA with UFC ref Dan Miragliotta from 2002 to 2004. Before that I had 4200 square feet with just a little less than 3000 square foot matted and cute but functional 16 X 16 floor ring from 2001 to 2002 when I combined my gym with the original BAMA mentioned previouisly both of these were in Elizabeth, NJ. I relocated closer to home in 2004 to 5000 square foot facility on the second of a re-purposed industrial space in Lodi, NJ. I had been at the location until October 15, 2010 only changing from the second floor to the higher ceiling 1st floor in 2008. This allowed me to add my elevated 28 X 20 boxing ring and 18 foot full cage upgrading from a 1/2 cage. Will I ever get to the point? The hardest button to button Flooded ... my entire Lodi, NJ facility. I put as much as I could equipment wise in the cage and ring before the water crested the 3steps of the loading dock. a little less than 2inches of water through about 4500 square feet sucks. Funny thing is I had signed an agreement to relocate to a 6000 square foot training facility in a 27000 square foot Golds Gym in Teterboro, NJ on August 23rd less than 2 weeks before Irene hit. Great fortune for my negotiating position bad luck was about over 2000 square feet were flooded under more than 3 feet of water. Delays - frustrating, Insurance - not the right kind, FEMA - still hopeful application almost ready. Despair - trying to drag me down in its rear naked choke of self pity. Did I mention that I'm hard to choke. September 7th 2001 was the mark of 10 years in business. I was going to do it big in the new facility. My company, Openmat Fitness Training LLC which does business under the name Endgame Combat Sports is in Joint Venture with Martial Maxx which sublets from Gold's Gym which sublets from the owner of this huge building. Apex wrestling runs the rec and hs school wrestling program as well also in an agreement with Martial Maxx. Golds gym Showers and lock rooms are top notch with a steam room to boot. But pretty is as pretty does.

Don't give up on us baby

Me and my friends, training partners, students, instructors, family members even a few people in the previous categories that I haven't known long are helping me make this new location awesome. Hundreds of man hours have gone into getting this place back together from the move to the repair. Cage was finished Monday last week, Wall matting was finished yesterday along with and now a total of almost 2500 square feet of mat available. A boxing ring and small bag room were unaffected and have remained functional throughout this time. Come down and see if you don't believe me 100 Holister Rd Teterboro, NJ 1/2 block off of Rt 46 west opposite the airport. My gym has had a seven day a week schedule since its inception in 2001. Morning to early afternoon classes Monday through Sunday and of course the most popular classes in the evening from 6 to as late as 10:45PM. My prices start as low $49 monthly for 1 class per week, starting at $70 for 2 classes, $91 for 3 classes and of course $119 for unlimited. Openmat only memberships (access to all Endgame combat sports faciltiy not used for a class) start at $28 per month. or just $10 a visit. An Openmat membership is for use of the cage, ring or mats as well other striking and grappling equipment (bags for hitting and throwing among other combat sports toys). It does not require you to leave your instructor or camp. Training partners from other gyms can use the facility to supplement their own instructional training or just spar. Show your friend the combat sports you love in a low to no pressure sales environment. I know of a few people who because of financial difficulty stopped training. This is a very low cost alternative to giving up doing something you enjoy but can't afford. I've run Openmats since 1998 and feel they can be as vital as any instruction you have received because it allows you to concentrate on improving your game, like giving yourself a private lesson.

What's D D D D Dillio Dillio? What's D D D D Deal Deall?

I'm hurting financially from the craziness and holidays are coming. My three kids are spoiled and want food and electricity EVERYDAY. So to drive new people to my gym I would like to offer buy a month get a month free for up to three months. This offer will be valid until December 11Th 2011. Then I return to my original reasonable price structure. Buy six month get six moths free is available for existing or previous members. 201-233-2157. call or text questions or just stop by and of course post here or at least spare a TTT www.teamendgame.com My website has not been updated since before the flood because ... I kind of suck at business stuff,. However the schedule on the site is very close to accurate the facility map is of course inaccurate but it gives you an idea of the kind of facility I offer.

www.Teamendgame.com

Mixed Martial Arts and Combat Sports Training

OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK  

Fucking Incredible !!! TTT

Hong Kong Phooey.

What is it that you find incredible? I'm sure it's not just my no hands headstand..

Dedication , tenacity , winning attitude , desire !

I'm hurting financially from the craziness and holidays are coming. My three kids are spoiled and want food and electricity EVERYDAY. So to drive new people to my gym I would like to offer buy a month get a month free for up to three months. This offer will be valid until December 11Th 2011. Then I return to my original reasonable price structure. Buy six month get six moths free is available for existing or previous members. 201-233-2157. call or text questions or just stop by and of course post here or at least spare a TTT www.teamendgame.com My website has not been updated since before the flood because ... I kind of suck at business stuff,. However the schedule on the site is very close to accurate the facility map is of course inaccurate but it gives you an idea of the kind of facility I offer.

Fa la la la la la la la la

I fished for the compliment and got it. Thanks

I remember watching that news doc when it was on.

krang - seven hours of filming turns into a 6 minute segment. I was also promised a copy of the uneditted footage as was the BAMA fight show. Handshakes don't mean much in the news/entertainment/business industry. Indepedent producer create these pieces and will promise everything to everyone. Then they forget your name. Until years later they wanted to do a follow-up. That may have fallen through because I was less naive'.

a fun match from 2002. My latest you tube comment is only mildly amusing to others but it put me in stitiches. 

Can anyone recognize the referee?

Ive been training there since 2005 and can not say enough about the effort that Eddy puts in to the place to make it as top line as possible.

ThaRide is just saying that ... because it's TRUE!

Why did you remove your signature line, with all the titles and what not. Aren't you the guy that was 350 pounds?

In 10 years of business I have never charged a registration fee.