10th Planet at US Open

Alder Hampel - Dear Mad Tiger,

How are you? I am fine, thanks for asking. For the majority of the people that competed, it was their first or second tournament and were in the novice division, 9 months and under. You're probably used to pleanty of beautiful Jiu Jitsu at that level and I'm sorry we've disappointed you. We will work harder in the future to live up to the competition standards set by you. I hope by posting this HL reel, we haven't damaged 10th Planet's already stellar reputation.

I'm sure it's tons fun to come on the thread and talk shit, but I was very proud of our guys who came out and competed. For the most part we did very well. 10 gold and 20 or so medals. I don't usually respond to trolls, but don't be a douche, give them a break.

Sincerely

"Coach" Alder Hampel

p.s. Have a great summer!

you sir are alright in my book

Wutang - 
Uncle Chris - I wish that lil asian shorty at 1:25-1:28 would pull guard on me. She was a cutie!

She had a triangle, ALL day in her match she didn't see. Considering how long she's been training I was pretty impressed. I reffed some guys who looked sharp.

Did you ref her match too?

Uncle Chris - 
Wutang - 
Uncle Chris - I wish that lil asian shorty at 1:25-1:28 would pull guard on me. She was a cutie!

She had a triangle, ALL day in her match she didn't see. Considering how long she's been training I was pretty impressed. I reffed some guys who looked sharp.

Did you ref her match too?

Yeah, I'm that ugly guy standing there. lol

I think you ref'd my match too then

Uncle Chris - I think you ref'd my match too then

Quite possibly.

Very disappointed in my performance, but here's the video of my match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPMNXWCmOqQ

You just got caught with someone you weren't aware of. Learning experience. First time I saw that set up, too.

I had no idea what I had just fallen into, but I had to tap out quick. Learning experience for sure..... god I hate learning the hard way =/

Since the match I've learned that submission is called a Japanese Necktie. It's a 10th Planet move, and Brandon Quick demonstrates it in the Fade to Black video.

A guy at Millennia used to try that move all the time. It works very well.

checkuroil - bgup, you may have started to training for fun, but some of us take this more seriously. i train to know that no matter what type of board meeting i am at, i can kick every man woman and childs ass who is there

i also train for the cool bumper stickers and late night training sessions at the local strip club.

What about the free t shirts?? cmon isnt that the best part?? Lol I know what you mean about the work thing, my assistant signed up at my school and quit less than a month in, I made him admit it was harder than it looks and that he's just too lazy.. I did get a new gi out of the deal though.. I know u 10th planet cats arent about that but hey if you train in the jammies a fresh 150.00 set is sweet to come up on..

congrats guys!

eddie is all class...

Any advanced or intermediate medals??

Kid Quick - Any advanced or intermediate medals??

Yes

Nathan Drona

Amir Allam

Rob Rodriguez 

Ian Quinto

Kim Furguson

David "Lo Pan" Callaham 

John Blaylock 

^^

nice. what was the highest number of opponents beaten by any of the above names?

"David "Lo Pan" Callaham "

hahaha that is an awsome nickname

Kid Quick - ^^

nice. what was the highest number of opponents beaten by any of the above names?

i'm on that list - without my approval.

i got 2nd place, but i only had 2 matches. i got a bye in the 1st round, so my first match was already in the semis, then i lost in the finals.

it was a bullshit 2nd place walkover medal, so i tossed it in the trash.

imo, kim had the most impressive performance. she had to compete at a heavier weight class, and she beat two opponents, which is a lot in the women's division, because usually a female competitor would be lucky to even have one match, let alone two, at a "small-ish" tournament.

Lumbricus terrestris - you guys need to learn what wrestling is.

what the fuck is wrestling?

Lumbricus terrestris - you guys need to learn what wrestling is.

yes.

just like a very large majority of other jiu-jitsu schools.

congrats :)