10th Planet at US Open

Scott Epstein - the guys did great. im proud of them all and very pleased with the lack of negative criticism on here

i'm so sick of u 10th planet guys always talkin bout ya selves with ur fancy new moves.
Ya'll should be more humble, like the gracies.

forumnewb - 
Kid Quick - ^^

nice. what was the highest number of opponents beaten by any of the above names?

i'm on that list - without my approval.

i got 2nd place, but i only had 2 matches. i got a bye in the 1st round, so my first match was already in the semis, then i lost in the finals.

it was a bullshit 2nd place walkover medal, so i tossed it in the trash.

imo, kim had the most impressive performance. she had to compete at a heavier weight class, and she beat two opponents, which is a lot in the women's division, because usually a female competitor would be lucky to even have one match, let alone two, at a "small-ish" tournament.

Is this you Nate?

Darcebrabo - 
forumnewb - 
Kid Quick - ^^

nice. what was the highest number of opponents beaten by any of the above names?

i got 2nd place, but i only had 2 matches. i got a bye in the 1st round, so my first match was already in the semis, then i lost in the finals.

imo, kim had the most impressive performance. she had to compete at a heavier weight class, and she beat two opponents, which is a lot in the women's division, because usually a female competitor would be lucky to even have one match, let alone two, at a "small-ish" tournament.

Is this you Nate?

what? nate who?

Darcebrabo - 
forumnewb - 
Kid Quick - ^^

Is this you Nate?

LMAO

i heard wutang has a crush on nate

checkuroil - i heard wutang has a crush on nate

huge.

Wutang - 
checkuroil - i heard wutang has a crush on nate

huge.

I knew it had to be Mr. Drona

Eddie Bravo wrestled in High School, does he teach any wrestling in his academy?

dont want to rain on the 10th planet parade, but as usual the smoke and mirrors are out in full effect. congrats to all who competed, its an accomplishment to just get out there and it takes balls. But it seems any who medaled in intermediate or advanced only won 1 match or none at all due to small divisions. my point is that there is alot of self promotion that is unwarranted from that academy. show me a guy in those divisions winning a few matches consistently. then ill give credit where its due.

that was a nice vid,29 peeps in the tournie.seems like you have some serious grapplers.epstein heal up soon.

wu,good luck with the bromance

Kid Quick - dont want to rain on the 10th planet parade, but as usual the smoke and mirrors are out in full effect. congrats to all who competed, its an accomplishment to just get out there and it takes balls. But it seems any who medaled in intermediate or advanced only won 1 match or none at all due to small divisions. my point is that there is alot of self promotion that is unwarranted from that academy. show me a guy in those divisions winning a few matches consistently. then ill give credit where its due.

Well small divisions may have played a part in it, the reality is that any other Team could have done the same thing....maybe some did? The end result is that 29 entrants with 20 medals is pretty fucking impressive. Props to all that competed.

frostbyte - 
Uncle Chris - Very disappointed in my performance, but here's the video of my match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPMNXWCmOqQ

damn, that was a speed tap.

do they let you listen to your ipod while grappling or do they force you to listen to that shit ass rap crap?

Yeah, that choke was sunk in tight. I was seeing stars when he let go.

To be honest, I don't remember hearing any music during the actual match.

Kid Quick - But it seems any who medaled in intermediate or advanced only won 1 match or none at all due to small divisions. my point is that there is alot of self promotion that is unwarranted from that academy. show me a guy in those divisions winning a few matches consistently. then ill give credit where its due.

kid quick, even though i think you're a retard, i do agree with your statement.

here is the list again of the 10th planet competitors who medaled in intermediate/advance divisions:

Nathan Drona

Amir Allam

Rob Rodriguez

Ian Quinto

Kim Ferguson

David Callaham

John Blaylock

i only know the details behind 3 of the listed competitors' medals, kim ferguson, david callaham, and ian quinto (that's me). i don't know about the rest, i'm pretty sure they don't post here, so you're just gonna have to deal with it.

like i said before, kim had to compete at a heavier weight class, she got 1st place by beating 2 opponents (one being mma fighter debi purcell), so give her some credit.

i think callaham was in a 5 or 6 man bracket, he had 2 matches, got 1st place, so give him some credit.

as for me, i already mentioned that i only had 2 matches, i was in a 6-man bracket, i got a bye in the 1st round, so my 1st match was already in the semis, i won, then i lost in the finals. i got 2nd place, but it's a bullshit walkover medal, i might was well have gotten a medal/trophy just for showing up. so, i tossed my medal in the trash, just like the other 10 or so other bullshit walkover medals i've won in numerous other tourneys.

i could write up a pretty decent looking competition resume with my list of "paper medals", but in my opinion, and i'm sure other seasoned competitors here would agree with me on this, that a tournament medal (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) is only legit when you have competed against, at the very least, 3 different opponents. it is a tournament after all and the object of the game is to defeat multiple opponents by climbing up the ladder/bracket. 

It's not your fault as a competitor that noone else shows up. On that day in that bracket you were one of the top 3 competitors. Congrats to everyone who got out there and placed.