15 year old phenom

One name- DRAKE DUDLEY!
That is the best Kid on the planet!

NAGA, champion, he has even won in Brasil.

Drake is the best I have ever seen for a kid!

Bollinger is an awesome wrestler too. Beat up most kids this last year at Cadet state until he got to the finals. The finals, well that was a different story.

He's fun to watch.

All these kids, Bollinger, Dudley, Tracy and other future starts were at the 2003 California Pankration Champonships. Too bad the videos were lost.

Anyway all these kids are actually very nice, respectfull

hardworking kids. I think it says alot for their coaches the sport and the future of MMA.

Keep up the good work.

Mixed feelings about this.

I agree with those that say 15 is a bit too young to be fighting adults. I would have no problem with a kid dominating a 17 and younger division,but save fights with older opponents until he's 18.

Football? Basketball? There is a reason you don't see 15 year olds in pro sports like that.

I agree with racer X...kids compete in contact sports from an early age, but with other kids.....even at 15 when I was in school, if you were gifted enough to be on a first team for something, the most you competed with was 18y/o's.....15 vs 25 or whatever is great if there's no injuries......but anything bad happens to a minor and the lawers would have a field day with our sport!!

"looks at mojo69 like he's stupid"

LOL

Date: 09/03/06 05:45 AM
1494 Total Posts Ignore User

Respect for anyone who steps in the cage. In thailand, 15 year olds fight adaults all the time in professional muay thai. It's dangerous in MMA - Not saying he's not physically able for it, but alot of burden on a promoter if he got injured.

A vast majority of these kids in Thailand that start fighting that young are pretty much washed up by the time they're 20. Look at guys like Jongsanan and Malaipet, etc that came to the US in their early 20's because they were washed up in Thailand. I would hate to see these young kids take too much punishment too soon and have the same thing happen to them.

gonna suck for the 25 yr old if he lost... he wont EVER heard the end of that one.

Until he beats shannon the cannon he is all hype.

Fuck, gymnasts start seriously being groomed when they're like 3, and their bodies are completely shot by about 17.

But a 15 year old training and competing in MMA is somehow taboo? I'm lost.

lol @ madtiger I dont doubt it.
Cody fights at 135-145 I decide who he fights so dont worry too much.
Oh and whoever wrote he did good in cadet until the finals =he won the finals 12- 6

Really? I thought I saw him lose to Davis Rios. Hmmm must have been the year before?

Anyway he's awesome.

"Fuck, gymnasts start seriously being groomed when they're like 3, and their bodies are completely shot by about 17.
But a 15 year old training and competing in MMA is somehow taboo? I'm lost."

It's not about the inherent danger posed to a kid via the training. It's the inherent danger posed to a kid by an adult in a "contact" much less "combat" sport.

Gymnasts, swimmers, even tennis players are fine, b/c there is no physical contact.

ttt

I've heard in Thailand they start fighting very young.
Still it is true, if you hand him a beating and your an adult you can't really win with the fans.

Catch 22

Its hard to argue that MMA is safe and should be legal everywhere then try to ban 15 yr olds from fightning...seems like a double standard.

So...how's his grades?

3.6 or he doesnt fight.Student athlete.

Yah he lost to david rios he gave up 15lbs in that division but then wrestled him this year at weight [140s]and beat him Thanks.
both Kids are incredibly tough