170lb Champ Matt Hughes vs Prime Nick Diaz?

I’ll catch shit here, but always thought this “Prime Diaz” that some seem to think was a world beater is laughable. If he didn’t have his mean mug weed thug personality that so many find appealing he’d just be considered another middle of the road guy that consistently lost to top competition. Volume puncher with good enough bjj to at least look like he’s staying busy, but zero wrestling and it never improved even when it was obvious that was a gaping hole. Anyways, flame suit on.

4 Likes

Season 4 Troll GIF by Living Single

3 Likes

Being strikeforce and WEC champ doesn’t make you a world beater?
Oh but it was just strikeforce not the UFC.
Could you guess how many strikeforce fighters became UFC champ?
But then again I’m sure you know what you are talking about with all your fight experience and everything

Sorry I had to since you already said you were gonna get shit for it lol

1 Like

Not towards me but to the female he had with him. Not sure it was his wife or side piece. Telling her to shut the fuck up and not to talk to his fans.
Wanna know a mans true self? Look at the way they treat the women in their life

1 Like

Matt never won 11 in a row? Funny, his record shows an 18 fight winning streak, along with a 13 fight winning streak that included wins over Sherk, Trigg, Newton (twice), Sakurai etc.

If you’re gonna troll, try a little harder.

2 Likes

Matt Wrestle Fucks him

1 Like

Ha! All good my man. My only guess on Strikeforce champs that became UFC champs is one, Overeem, but to be honest the Strikeforce time feels like a lifetime ago (hell I actually lived and trained in the bay area when it existed and I haven’t lived there in yeeears, been so damn long I actually forget that I lived there!) so can’t really recall. I remember it seemed like most of the SF hyped dudes that trained with me kind of fizzled vs expectations though - Gil, etc.

WEC though, they had some quality dudes - but Nick never fought there nor was champ there (that I recall? Shit, maybe he was lol)

He beat a lot of good fighters, should have won decisions against a lot more, and has never really been in trouble or outclassed and definitely never broken.

If you did a google on the strikeforce fighters that turned into UFC champs you would be very surprised. I know I was couple years ago when I saw the list.
Yeah he was the first one to hold the WEC welterweight champ but I don’t think he defended it. He opted for a Jeremy Jackson rematch and the ufc.
I believe he beat @JoeHurley for the title?

1 Like

Again, we’re talking about each fighters prime years. In Matt’s prime he had two 6 fight win streaks

Edited.

Correct & lots of WEC champions never defended the belt.

1 Like

If you wanna say that in his strikeforce run where he looked the best, he was never dominated or in trouble, sure…I guess…Noons dropped him, cut him open bad, I remember Daly hurting him before Diaz came back for the win…was Nick ever knocked out cold, or looking like he couldn’t continue? No, but that’s not really a great way to look at it IMO.

If we look at his career from when he joined the UFC (ignoring the early TKO loss he had to Jeremy Jackson) he lost fights to Karo, Sanchez, Riggs, Sherk, Noons, Condit, GSP and Silva. Many of those fights were obvious IMO, but the Diaz fans tend to look at it like “they didn’t fuck Nick up, and only out wrestled him so Nick should have won.” Fuck, even if we just agree that Nick deserved 2 of those wins, he still lost 6 fights, and only 2 of the guys he fought were all time greats…and Anderson was past him prime when they fought…yet somehow the Diaz fans act like Nick was an all time great.

I can’t wrap my head around it. He was a very good fighter, a great fighter even…but I don’t see how people can ignore his losses and act like he had a better career than guys like Diego Sanchez, Koscheck, Fitch or any of the other top 170 pounders of that era. Look at the guys Diaz fought…which of the guys in that winning streak beat Sanchez, Kos or Fitch?

1 Like

He gets ragdolled.

How did Royce Gracie do on the ground with Matt?

2 Likes

Royce was old as dirt

He was 1 year older than Nick Diaz is NOW when he fought Hughes

2 Likes

It would look no different than a rottweiler getting hold of a squirrel

Wait a minute he didn’t have a better career then Diego, Koscheck and Fitch?
How many of them were champs in big organizations? We’re they better then him? Maybe but how the hell do you figure their careers were better then Nicks?
Have you seen Diego lately bro?
I get what you mean about them be better fighters at the time but Nick shits on those boys career. IMO

1 Like

He had a better career because he left the UFC. Which was the smart move. Outside he was able to get lots of interesting matchups against strikers. Staying in the UFC he probably would’ve gotten some more boring decision losses.

In the UFC once you start getting past your prime they would just feed you to the sharks & interesting/fun matchups be damned. Kill the heroes!

2 Likes