2024-25 European club soccer (football) thread

AC Milan boys: Thoughts on Fonseca?

2 Likes

Im at Yankee Stadium watching a MLS match. European level football it is not.

5 Likes

Manchester United already suffering from the injury bug…

Haven’t been on as much lately nek, just saw this. I haven’t watched the pre season, but everyone seems hopeful. Giving young players chances and tactics look good. Apparently he wants Emerson and Tammy Abraham, which is worrying. But I’m cautiously optimistic.

2 Likes

We’ll see as the season progresses. He’s actually playing the kids, something Pioli never did. Liberali and Torriani look like they’ll be real players one day.

But, we’ve only signed Pavlovic and Morata. That’s not enough. We need a DM bad. And Emerson is a bum, thanks for your trash Spurs.

Even Roma is making more moves bringing in Le Fee, Soule and Dovbyk. And I’m hating on Juve because I love their signings of Thuram Luiz and Di Gregorio. I hope they don’t get Koopmeiers and Adeyemi too.

It’s going to be an interesting Serie A season.

1 Like

Oh and Man City are still scumbag cheaters.

Tottenham has won all their pre-season friendlies so far, though they’ve conceded a lot of goals. Will see how they fair against Bayern…

Milan up 2-0 against Barca. Pulisic playing as the CAM and has a goal and assist. I know it’s only preseason, but I hope that’s his new position.

1 Like

Pulisic at CAM and Chuk on the right could be amazing against teams that park the bus. If they can stop fucking around and buy a DM we may have something. It’s pathetic that they still haven’t closed Emerson, we’ve been a million apart for like two weeks at this point. Gerry is the cheapest cunt on the planet

Haven’t heard much about Spurs on the market, have they done anything? Saw they’re close to Solanke. I didn’t think he was good, but supposedly he had a good season

Can you imagine the standoff between Cardinale and Levy when the check comes after dinner

1 Like

Madrid kept its core and added Mbappe

Vamos Real GIF by UEFA

GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

1 Like

antonio banderas yes GIF

If they can keep their ego’s in check and actually work as a team. they are the team to beat. Maybe City is a bit behind, but i don’t see the quality in another club.

1 Like

I dont think they’ve sealed Solanke yet.

So far this summer they’ve brought on:
Archie Gray (central midfielder)
Lucas Bervall (central midfielder)
Min-hyeok Yang (right winger)
Alfie Devine (attacking midfielder)

Lots of youth.

Looks like Solanke is official, could be a huge acquisition. I don’t know the any of those youngsters. I’m curious to see how Ange does in his second season.

1 Like

Milan finally got Emerson done. If he’s strong, fast and can defend he’ll be doing his job, it sounds like he’s not going to be expected to attack much. Don’t think anyone is excited, but we’ll see.

What’s Chelsea’s plan? They have 41 players and you can only register 25 for the Premier League.

1 Like

That’s not unusual for them. They have some of the most loaned players for years. Around 20 on loan right now. They just buy a lot of young players cheap and hope some turn into gold.

Edit: Man City have 33 Players on loan. Apparently FIFA is working on Regulations to limit those Numbers.

They’re trying to force some players out I think, like Conor Gallagher