21 unanswered hits from dillashaw?

I thought the Mendez stoppage was a little early and this one a tad bit late.

But was ok with both. Would rather have a late stoppage then an early and apparently Barao was fine with it because he seemed to be protesting it. Can't doubt his heart. Phone Post 3.0

I don't like standing stoppages. It's clear Barao was done for sure, but it just feels wrong. Guess I'm just a "just bleed" guy, but wanted Travis, Penny, and Barao hit the ground before the ref stopped it. Phone Post 3.0

Great stoppage. Perfect actually. Phone Post 3.0

This is what the end of that fight looked like.

IronLung11 -
NBK ALL DAY -
IronLung11 -
SurgicalGloves -
My Mouth = Blizz's Jizz Depository - Contrast his stoppage of that fight and his stoppage of the mendes fight. Phone Post 3.0
You realize there is a huge difference, right?

Barao being on his feet and still trying to punch being the obvious one? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, the huge difference was that the Mendes fight was an early stoppage and this was a late one. Phone Post 3.0
So you're saying it was an early stoppage with someone who got dropped and turtled up without defending himself and a late stoppage on someone still on his feet throwing punches? Both good stoppages so quit being a baby and just enjoy the fact you actually saw some stoppages! Phone Post 3.0
I'd say covering my head with both arms and 3 seconds left in the round is defending myself more intelligently than getting punched against the cage 30 times with my eyes rolling back into my head.

If that's what you're asking. Phone Post 3.0
Is the ref paying that close attention to the clock or are his actions dictated by what's going on in the fight? Phone Post 3.0

IronLung11 -
NBK ALL DAY -
IronLung11 -
SurgicalGloves -
My Mouth = Blizz's Jizz Depository - Contrast his stoppage of that fight and his stoppage of the mendes fight. Phone Post 3.0

Barao being on his feet and still trying to punch being the obvious one? Phone Post 3.0
Yes, the huge difference was that the Mendes fight was an early stoppage and this was a late one. Phone Post 3.0
So you're saying it was an early stoppage with someone who got dropped and turtled up without defending himself and a late stoppage on someone still on his feet throwing punches? Both good stoppages so quit being a baby and just enjoy the fact you actually saw some stoppages! Phone Post 3.0
I'd say covering my head with both arms and 3 seconds left in the round is defending myself more intelligently than getting punched against the cage 30 times with my eyes rolling back into my head.

Yeah well what looks worse from a refs standpoint? A guy still standing throwing punches or a guy curled into a ball taking punches? By your judgement we wouldn't of seen epic comebacks like Kongo on Barry who actually fell over and was arguably out 2-3 times. Plus, Herb has seen a lot of shit go down and I think he knows what he's doing. Phone Post 3.0

The ending was bad enough but let's be fair TJ beat the hell out of him the first 2 rounds as well, fighting TJ has for sure took years of his life Phone Post 3.0

Look at the Mendes fight then look at Gomi tonight...

Lol, shady shit. Phone Post 3.0

Good call Phone Post 3.0

JToller - What was Herb watching? Phone Post 3.0
A phenomenal performance. Phone Post 3.0

TKD LOL -
Good call Phone Post 3.0
Not a good call.

Mendes was face, down hands up, and not moving at all.

Renan was still moving trying to dodge. When Herb felt he couldn't successfully defend himself he ended it.

There are significant differences. Phone Post 3.0

The comparisons to the mendes stoppage proves that the UG has a significant moron population.

It was great refereeing. He probably figured you Brazilian wannabe losers would have every excuse in the book - as usual - for Barao's loss.

By doing that he took away most of your excuses for his loss.

IronLung11 - 
NBK ALL DAY -
IronLung11 -
SurgicalGloves -

The whole 3 seconds thing is irrelevant. When he turtles up he had taken shots to the body to drop his hands and then one flush on the chin. The refs job is to make a judgement call based on the fighters safety, not to watch the clock. Barao could have taken a few less shots, but I was fine with it.

Crazy Phone Post 3.0

ausgepicht - It was great refereeing. He probably figured you Brazilian wannabe losers would have every excuse in the book - as usual - for Barao's loss.

By doing that he took away most of your excuses for his loss.
Yes of course, the ref of the main event of a title fight in the UFC was thinking about the fans on an MMA forum when deciding when to protect a fighters safety....that's it.

Or it could just be you're obsessed and an idiot.

I'll go with the latter. Phone Post 3.0

Herbs stoppage for the Gomi fight was awful, I dunno wtf that guy was thinking. He actually wanted it to continue?

SensoriaUtopia -
NBK ALL DAY - To be fair though Barao wasnt falling down and was still semi trying to throw punches back. Good stoppage I think. Phone Post 3.0

This, it was the Mendes fight that Herb fucked up, people who say Mendes turtled up and wilted, um there where 3 seconds left in the round, Mendes figured he would turtle up and just last out the round, and Mendes did not complain because he got paid well that fight
You are better than that, NPD Phone Post 3.0

SensoriaUtopia -
NBK ALL DAY - To be fair though Barao wasnt falling down and was still semi trying to throw punches back. Good stoppage I think. Phone Post 3.0

This, it was the Mendes fight that Herb fucked up, people who say Mendes turtled up and wilted, um there where 3 seconds left in the round, Mendes figured he would turtle up and just last out the round, and Mendes did not complain because he got paid well that fight
Mendes didn't protest that stoppage.
Refs aren't time keepers.
He was done. Phone Post 3.0

the way Herb grabbed TJ with just one hand was funny