59% of Brazilian Fans Believe Shogun won While 90%

of U.S. fans believe Shogun won.

The power of Rogan imo.

The Brazilian fans probably had the priviledge of listening to a professional sports announcer who doesn't hurl biased personal opinions at every turn.

gtf outta here!!!

Brazilian fans are split on 2 Brazilian fighters???

No way

Ensanity - Brazilian fans are split on 2 Brazilian fighters???

No way

they are both Brazilians to U.S. fans as well right?

blue63 - Or, Machida and Anderson have a much larger fan base there who will blindly believe anything those two say.

Pro fighters who thought Shogun won:

- Anthony Johnson (post-fight conference)
- Joe Stevenson (post-fight conference)
- Cain Velasquez (post-fight conference)
- Shane Carwin (via Twitter)
"great night of fights. further proof you have to finish as the judges just can't score MMA"
- Denis Kang (via Twitter)
"Shogun got robbed last night IMO."
- Efrain Escudero (via Twitter)
"I'm sorry but shogun won that fight easy"
- Kenny Florian (via Twitter)
"I love Machida but Shogun won that fight!!"
- Joe Lauzon (via Twitter)
"I think Shogun won it."
- Frank Trigg
"he [Shogun] got robbed, was looking 4 don king"
- Roy Nelson
"I just lost $5 on shogun, I am mad, shogun won 4 rounds to 1"
- Joe Doerkson
"Shogun won four rounds out of five ... I am disgusted."
- Brendan Schaub
"Shogun won that fight."
Miletich (via Twitter)
"Hawks win last night, Shogun robbed and Big Ben loses debut. He'll be back after some wrestling"
- Jorge Gurgel
"Wow. I was cheering for Machida, but believe Shogun just got robbed... That is the very worst feeling in the world."
-Frank Shamrock (via Twitter)
"Shogun won that fight"
-Tiki (via Twitter)
"Karate doesn't work against Muay Thai"
- BJ Penn (via Facebook)
"Did Shogun win? yeah."
-Rampage
-Forrest Griffin
-Elvis

Pro fighters who though Machida won:
-Lyoto Machida
-Anderson Silva

Profighters who thought Machida won:

Demian Maia: “People say that to take the belt from the champion, the fighter has to be clearly superior. In that case, they should have decided a draw, so Lyoto could keep the belt.”

Marcus "Conan" Silveira: “Concerning a points score, Shogun won, but I don’t think he was efficient enough to be the new UFC champion."

Bebeo Duarte (former Brazilian Top Team trainer): "Draw would be more fair."

Josuel Distak (Anderson Silva’s trainer): “In my opinion, I think it was a draw."

+ Silva

+ Machida

It was a close fight. It doesn't matter if you think Shogun won, there are no draws in Championship fights. When it's a draw, the decision goes to the Champ.

i actually thought they were both riding machidas cock when i heard the commentating.....

but i couldnt hear much anyway.

blue63 - 
D0N Johnson - 
Profighters who thought Machida won:

Demian Maia: “People say that to take the belt from the champion, the fighter has to be clearly superior. In that case, they should have decided a draw, so Lyoto could keep the belt.”

Marcus "Conan" Silveira: “Concerning a points score, Shogun won, but I don’t think he was efficient enough to be the new UFC champion."

Bebeo Duarte (former Brazilian Top Team trainer): "Draw would be more fair."

Josuel Distak (Anderson Silva’s trainer): “In my opinion, I think it was a draw."

+ Silva

+ Machida

It was a close fight. It doesn't matter if you think Shogun won, there are no draws in Championship fights. When it's a draw, the decision goes to the Champ.

WOW, you just listed three people who blatantly say it should have been a tie as favoring Machida. I'm not wasting another second of my life arguing with a fucking idiot like yourself.

And your last statement is a downright lie.
http://www.state.nj.us/lps/sacb/docs/martial.html

um it's not a lie. Not everything is layed out in a rules format you dickless dork. Name the last Championship MMA fight that resulted in a draw...... I'm waiting. Now go beat off your mother's dick asshat.

Ryan MacLeod 

Your comment makes zero sense. The fight is scored on a round-by-round basis. It's not like the judges get to call it a draw then tip their hat to the current champ at the end. Shogun outpointed Machida plain and simple.

If my comment makes zero sense then you have an illness called "stupid".

read slowly now,

A lot of people(including fighters) felt the fight could've been scored a draw, because a lot of rounds are up in the air.

No they are not actual judges. Not everyone carries around a scorecard and use the 10 point must system to score a fight like you do.

Do you get it? =)

oh and stop smearing shit on your head.

K-Dub-"T" -  Source?

If true, stop listening to Joe.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/brazilian-pros-discuss-machida-shogun-20597

Honestly, I was watching it at a bar. They had Rogan's voiceover on fullblast. He had the entire bar losing their minds at the result. I honestly felt it was a travesty at the time.

I went home and watched the fight again last week without audio. It was a lot closer than I originally thought.

I don't ask for much.... I mean it's cool to call something fair... but please be unbiased as a professional announcer. Rogan became a groupie throughout the course of the fight.

I don't remember once he actually said something when Machida landed a blow.

DON Jackass quote "um it's not a lie. Not everything is layed out in a rules format you dickless dork. Name the last Championship MMA fight that resulted in a draw...... I'm waiting. Now go beat off your mother's dick asshat."

Penn vs Uno 2
Looks like your the dickless dork.

D0n Johnson, how did you watch without audio when you got home?

Can you PM me a link where I can watch again?

Ryan MacLeod - 

Your trolling would be better if you had even an ounce of intelligence.

You said "It was a close fight. It doesn't matter if you think Shogun won, there are no draws in Championship fights. When it's a draw, the decision goes to the Champ."

However, theoretically it is impossible to give a "draw" to the champ since you cannot predict that a match will be a draw. Cecil didn't score the fight 48-48 and then go back and change his scoring to give the fight to the champ Machida. If the fight was scored a draw it would be announced as a draw. LOL This isn't Sengoku.

Anyway, back to your cave troll. I won't waste anymore time debating someone who will just contradict with ignorance and stupidity.

Go in the shower. Turn on cold water. And wash off the shit on your head.

okay.

Once again, the "draw" being discussed here is theoretical. it is in the opinion of a lot of fans and pro-fighters....

It's not official.

Officially, Machida won a close fight that could've been a draw in a lot of peoples' opinions. The end.

McSlugga -  D0n Johnson, how did you watch without audio when you got home?

streaming sites. they get taken down almost immediately.

I have shogun winning 48-47 with him winning rounds 1 4 and 5.

I also think Joe Rogans commentary was hugging shoguns nuts. He only got excited or raised his voice when shogun landed a kick or punch.

Verbal Kint - DON Jackass quote "um it's not a lie. Not everything is layed out in a rules format you dickless dork. Name the last Championship MMA fight that resulted in a draw...... I'm waiting. Now go beat off your mother's dick asshat."

Penn vs Uno 2
Looks like your the dickless dork.

no that doesn't make the the dickless dork unfortunately.

I'm not the one that's going by the books.

Great example.... however that just proves my point. That is 1 single draw in exactly how many Championship fights?

Just because one time you got an erection from looking at a naked woman doesn't ungay you from the hundreds of cocks you've licked.

D0N Johnson - 
McSlugga -  D0n Johnson, how did you watch without audio when you got home?

streaming sites. they get taken down almost immediately.

Well, you found one.. I just wonder if you really did watch again without volume or you are just one of the many countless "Joe Rogan made your mind for you" trolls.

Such a simple and dimwitted troll angle and Im starting to think the only people saying this are projecting their feelings on to everyone else. Is it really that hard to make up your mind on who won? Do you need a commentators help, you kind of admitted that you do when you said that you actually thought Shogun won and then watched and then changed your mind.

McSlugga - 
Well, you found one.. I just wonder if you really did watch again without volume or you are just one of the many countless "Joe Rogan made your mind for you" trolls.

Such a simple and dimwitted troll angle and Im starting to think the only people saying this are projecting their feelings on to everyone else. Is it really that hard to make up your mind on who won? Do you need a commentators help, you kind of admitted that you do when you said that you actually thought Shogun won and then watched and then changed your mind.

hmmmm.... let's see.

When you watch a car accident happen before your eyes KAPOW. A lady's head explodes to the sounds of screaming bystanders.... it's a tragedy.

When you watch the same accident to the soundtrack of a Mariachi band playing.... it's a comedy.

There is nothing wrong with me admitting that perspectives are altered through the media.

However, the fact that I realize this and did my own experiment investigating this event.... makes me smarter than you-The mindless sheeple that is still entranced by Rogan's shrieks-.

D0N Johnson - 
McSlugga - 

hmmmm.... let's see.

When you watch a car accident happen before your eyes KAPOW. A lady's head explodes to the sounds of screaming bystanders.... it's a tragedy.

When you watch the same accident to the soundtrack of a Mariachi band playing.... it's a comedy.

There is nothing wrong with me admitting that perspectives are altered through the media.

However, the fact that I realize this and did my own experiment investigating this event.... makes me smarter than you-The mindless sheeple that is still entranced by Rogan's shrieks-.

Archived.

You might want to find a coloring book or something homie.

Still 59% lol

If Shogun got the decision, there would be WAY less (if any) people protesting it.