62yr Old Jiu Jitsu Practitioner Was Attacked Whoa!

BringBackHeadbutts -
Passive Jay - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

Lowery is a military vet, and former student at Fudoshin BJJ in Medford, Oregon. Founder and head instructor Adam Nadow, a black belt under Rigan Machado, offered further details and insight.

"Why train BJJ ... because s*** happens and you need to be ready when it does," wrote Nadow. "Former Fudoshin BJJ student and military vet, 62 year old Mike lowery was attacked in Arlington, Texas around 6:00 a.m. on his way to do cardio. We just spoke early this morning and he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin. Claimed it saved his life during an altercation. Mike was able to assess the situation and act accordingly. Even basic BJJ and limited helped him survive and thrive under duress. I had to point out that his military training played a big role here as well.

Whatever article you got that from, what immediately stands out to me is how they went out of their way to say "he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin".

Doesn't sound like he was a consistent practioner.

lol at this faggot

I liked when he called the dude “fluffy”

BringBackHeadbutts - 
blabbermouth - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

This is the dumbest detective work I have read in some time. Congratulations.

Well the only information regarding his "training" was that it was "brief", so, there's that....

And that he defeated his opponent. Not always easy to do when you’re 62 years old.

GladiatorGannon - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 
blabbermouth - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

This is the dumbest detective work I have read in some time. Congratulations.

Well the only information regarding his "training" was that it was "brief", so, there's that....

And that he defeated his opponent. Not always easy to do when you’re 62 years old.

I think there's some disconnect with my comments. 

Glad the right guy won.  Glad a 62yr old won.  Glad that jiu jitsu was used effectively.  

My only gripe is that I got a strong feeling this was not a 62yr old like other 50+yr olds I've trained with who train 3-4 times a week consistently and are able to submit guys with rather ease who are half their age.  

If anyone is at a gym who trains regularly, and regularly you see 50 or 60 something year olds who have trained for years, and consistently train week in and week out, those guys would not act the same way this guy did.  

That's all I was suggesting, and when someone above found out it was mentioned he had "brief" training, my assumption seemed to be accurate. 

Take nothing away from the good guy, I just feel the headline put some inaccurate emphasis.