62yr Old Jiu Jitsu Practitioner Was Attacked Whoa!

Bend The Knee - 
Non N00B -
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

90% of the OG will tell you that martial arts training isn't needed....

A gun will do just fine.

A gun will also get you put in jail, if not it will be mighty expensive for that lawyer 

Not if you don't live in a pussy state 

So if someone attacks you in your state without a weapon, you can use deadly force??

My state is VERY anti-gun, left

Mine too. So when trump wins and the democrats make up crap about voter fraud And the leftist actually believe it and they riot like never before… as society collapses… up here in a leftist state where few have guns those of us like me will be able to carve out our own little kingdoms… a benevolent dictatorship.

See it’s more important to have a gun when no one else does.

It’ll help me push thru prima nocta & a few other programs I have in mind for the good of the community.

Get a gun.

Or at least a real looking fake gun.

Few even know the difference in leftist areas

What do you think is going to happen if you jump CT Fletcher?

BringBackHeadbutts -

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

Lowery is a military vet, and former student at Fudoshin BJJ in Medford, Oregon. Founder and head instructor Adam Nadow, a black belt under Rigan Machado, offered further details and insight.

"Why train BJJ ... because s*** happens and you need to be ready when it does," wrote Nadow. "Former Fudoshin BJJ student and military vet, 62 year old Mike lowery was attacked in Arlington, Texas around 6:00 a.m. on his way to do cardio. We just spoke early this morning and he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin. Claimed it saved his life during an altercation. Mike was able to assess the situation and act accordingly. Even basic BJJ and limited helped him survive and thrive under duress. I had to point out that his military training played a big role here as well.

Bill Mahoney -
Bend The Knee - 
Non N00B -
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

A gun will do just fine.

A gun will also get you put in jail, if not it will be mighty expensive for that lawyer 

Not if you don't live in a pussy state 

So if someone attacks you in your state without a weapon, you can use deadly force??

My state is VERY anti-gun, left

Mine too. So when trump wins and the democrats make up crap about voter fraud And the leftist actually believe it and they riot like never before… as society collapses… up here in a leftist state where few have guns those of us like me will be able to carve out our own little kingdoms… a benevolent dictatorship.

See it’s more important to have a gun when no one else does.

It’ll help me push thru prima nocta & a few other programs I have in mind for the good of the community.

Get a gun.

Or at least a real looking fake gun.

Few even know the difference in leftist areas

I have guns, Im a pro 2A guy. But Im not going to go around killing people if I don’t have to. 

JuicedBeast -
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

A gun will do just fine.

Not if you have self defense insurance, which I highly recommend anyone that has a CCW to have. 

The video is still bad ass nonetheless. 

I dont think it works that way, it doesn’t give you the right to kill. Might help pay some lawyers down. 

what insurance do you have?

JuicedBeast - 
Bend The Knee -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

A gun will do just fine.

Not if you have self defense insurance, which I highly recommend anyone that has a CCW to have. 

The video is still bad ass nonetheless. 

LMAO!!!

Oh yeah. Your “self defense insurance” is just like a “get out of jail free card”.

BringBackHeadbutts -
shen - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 

I will flat out say, this guy did not attend bjj No one who trains bjj resorts to biting, that's some amateur shit and would go against instincts.

This guys attitude was not one of a confident bjj practioner.  Someone his size with actual skill, would be way more calm and collected, and wouldn't embrace being called a victim. 

Mike Tyson --an extemely highly trained combat athlete in his prime- bit someone.

Biting somone has to do with primal rage. Talking pajama wrestling classes doesn’t competely “undue” innate animal instincts.

When people get highly adrenalized, they will do all manner of stuff.

while there is some truth to that, a lot of this story does not add up to me. 

I want his name, his facebook, and pictures of him at a bjj gym in a gi or at competitions.  Many people are aware of a rnc and how to apply one sufficiently in a fight. 

I'm pro jiu jitsu, so I like the message of this story, but I'm just calling it like I see it, something does not add up. 

I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong if there is in fact proof he's been at a bjj school. 

Jeez, calm down detective dubious

Who GAF if or he trains or what school?

Why’s your dick so hard about it?

anunaki -
Thuggnificent -
Gancho Al Hígado -
Dead President -
Bend The Knee -

A gun will do just fine.

Without a gun most OGers are 350 pound pussies. 

Yep, giant bitches who cant throw a punch and need a gun just like the faggy kids who shoot up a school because they got picked on.

So carrying makes you a “bitch” now? 

here’s the thing. I know how to fight. And I know how to gunfight (a little). 

Some situations require a firearm plain and simple. I have the right to defend myself 

for reference I’m 6’1” and 210 at the moment and I have decent exp in boxing, mt, and bjj. 

my first option is not grappling with you on the pavement.

Because I’m American (anchor babies in the house! Just kidding my dad was naturalized after moms was sent to America where her parents lived at the time so I could be born a citizen of this great country) so it doesn’t have to be!

I have the right to bear arms and I’ll for damn sure use it to protect myself and my loved ones. 

sort out the legal bs later. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 any fucking day. You’ll see the business end of this Glock 17 before that happens. 

signed by a moderate dem lol

Just let him stroke his ego.  He thinks we are living in the good ole days when people settled their differences throwing down.  There’s a high possibility, in states that are pro gun, that people are carrying.  So imagine bringing your fists to a gun fight?

Passive Jay - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

Lowery is a military vet, and former student at Fudoshin BJJ in Medford, Oregon. Founder and head instructor Adam Nadow, a black belt under Rigan Machado, offered further details and insight.

"Why train BJJ ... because s*** happens and you need to be ready when it does," wrote Nadow. "Former Fudoshin BJJ student and military vet, 62 year old Mike lowery was attacked in Arlington, Texas around 6:00 a.m. on his way to do cardio. We just spoke early this morning and he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin. Claimed it saved his life during an altercation. Mike was able to assess the situation and act accordingly. Even basic BJJ and limited helped him survive and thrive under duress. I had to point out that his military training played a big role here as well.

Whatever article you got that from, what immediately stands out to me is how they went out of their way to say "he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin".

Doesn't sound like he was a consistent practioner.

You bite when you are scared, that dude was shaken you could tell...but when he said "I bit the fuck outta him" I sprayed coffee out of my snotterbox and all over the new sofa, my dog and the new pup took off into the kitchen like Polaris missiles.

BringBackHeadbutts - 
Passive Jay - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

Whatever article you got that from, what immediately stands out to me is how they went out of their way to say "he was praising me for his brief training at Fudoshin".

Doesn't sound like he was a consistent practioner.

Wanna argue over how long a piece of string is?

lol, dude fuck off already.

i’m a black belt and i would bite the fuck out of anyone if it came to my survival

2 Likes
sureshock - 

How do you BJJ guys get the choke without having the fear of suffocating someone? They always say the choke puts them to sleep but I would be deathly afraid to do that to someone fearing maybe it would kill them. You are basically stopping them from breathing. What if in a street fight like this the poor asshole that got beat up, has a pre existing condition or is so high on drugs it would be easy to kill the guy like Floyd's case. Scary situation. Good thing they had CCtv footage. This old dude was exactly terrified of his future in case the guy was dead. 

I know some that was CHARGED with a criminal act for choking during a break-in to his house about 20 years ago. In some areas choking is against the law. He had to go court, lost thousands of dollars to demonstrate that choking was “reasonable” defence after 2 guys broke in and assaulted him and his wife. Luckily in the end, the law firm waved a lot of the costs for him.

HotSteppa - 
sureshock - 

How do you BJJ guys get the choke without having the fear of suffocating someone? They always say the choke puts them to sleep but I would be deathly afraid to do that to someone fearing maybe it would kill them. You are basically stopping them from breathing. What if in a street fight like this the poor asshole that got beat up, has a pre existing condition or is so high on drugs it would be easy to kill the guy like Floyd's case. Scary situation. Good thing they had CCtv footage. This old dude was exactly terrified of his future in case the guy was dead. 

I know some that was CHARGED with a criminal act for choking during a break-in to his house about 20 years ago. In some areas choking is against the law. He had to go court, lost thousands of dollars to demonstrate that choking was “reasonable” defence after 2 guys broke in and assaulted him and his wife. Luckily in the end, the law firm waved a lot of the costs for him.

Which state?

It boggles my mind, that people can defend criminals to such an extent.

Nice work old school!!!

BringBackHeadbutts -

Do people like you in real life?

The dude is 62! If you are anywhere close to 62 you know shit quits working on your body.  He also has no clue what kind of psycho he was dealing with. 

I trained. I promise i'm kicking kneecaps, biting, fishhooking, eye pokes, ripping testes, whatever. if i'm scared. It's life or death in a streetfight. In competition, i'm all about rules and fairness. Two entirely different worlds.

GHTT_Pig Bun -
HotSteppa - 
sureshock - 

Which state?

It boggles my mind, that people can defend criminals to such an extent.

He was in Canada at the time, I believe. 

BringBackHeadbutts -

This is the dumbest detective work I have read in some time. Congratulations.

blabbermouth - 
BringBackHeadbutts -

This is the dumbest detective work I have read in some time. Congratulations.

Well the only information regarding his "training" was that it was "brief", so, there's that....