.9lb allowance overweight in the Diaz/GSP fight

Some people are saying that the Quebec commission has always allowed for one pound over weight in title fights.

I never knew this, but I guess I never had any reason to. No one has ever brought it up that I've noticed.

GSP made weight.....End of thread.....

Never seen 1lb allowance on any title fights anywhere I can remember. That's weird as hell Phone Post

Porkchop - Some people are saying that the Quebec commission has always allowed for one pound over weight in title fights.

I never knew this, but I guess I never had any reason to. No one has ever brought it up that I've noticed.

It has been brought up on this forum before, as well as the fact that fighters have to make weight the first time (no extra hour to cut).

Not really , making weight is not the issue. The issue is was the commission bending rules for GSP's benefit and what other rules are they going to bend if that is the case. Phone Post

FreakDaddy - GSP made weight.....End of thread.....

According to who though? because I could see how this video would raise legitimate questions. I honestly don't know who certified it.. And the end thread thing is so...definite Phone Post

boulder40 - 

According to who though? because I could see how this video would raise legitimate questions. I honestly don't know who certified it.. And the end thread thing is so...definite Phone Post

According to the UFC and athletic commission.....If this shit was true Diaz would have put this on blast the night of the fight......Don't kid yourself.......

LOL....

But... but... GSP was suppose to lose.... he didn't!!!

But....but... the weight...

He didn't finish him...

but.. but..

But....

LOL

awesomestprime - LOL....

But... but... GSP was suppose to lose.... he didn't!!!

But....but... the weight...

He didn't finish him...

but.. but..

But....

LOL

U forgot the shady hand wraps......

FreakDaddy -
boulder40 - 

According to the UFC and athletic commission.....If this shit was true Diaz would have put this on blast the night of the fight......Don't kid yourself.......

I'm not kidding myself or anyone I was genuinely asking who verified his weight..they should have the exact weight and show it in a big screen so everyone can see..I don't like either fighter so I have me vested interest in this being true or not Phone Post

They have always gave a one pund allowance.....So I don't get why people have their panties in a wad here......That is all.....

FreakDaddy - They have always gave a one pund allowance.....So I don't get why people have their panties in a wad here......That is all.....

Not for a title they dont allow the one pound Phone Post

Porkchop - Just noticed another thread about this. Mods please delete.

The other thread is done by the same name as Nick Diaz YouTube page Phone Post

FreakDaddy - They have always gave a one pund allowance.....So I don't get why people have their panties in a wad here......That is all.....

no sir, I don't believe they have, title fights are contested at the weight, on the button...

NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
boulder40 -
FreakDaddy - They have always gave a one pund allowance.....So I don't get why people have their panties in a wad here......That is all.....

This also. FreakDaddy get your facts straight before you post with authority cos you're making an ass of yourself Phone Post

No need to call me an ass....They have GSP listed at 170, not 171. So he made weight......If I am wrong about the one pound allowance okay my bad.....But, they have him listed at 170, not 171 or 170.9........So he made weight.....Just sick of all this excuse bullshit from the Diaz camp and fans.......I am a fan of Nick too, but this drama is nonsense.......Plus u all know Nick and his camp would have cried about this on fight night if it were true......

Stephen Holder - Its not about wether or not it would have made a diff in the fight(even though all you have to do is ask a handful of fighters that have gone through the weightcut and see what they say) as much as it is about giving GSP preferential treatment to risk consistency and ultimately the crdibility of the ufc. Shits fucked right up no matter how sexy u think Georges is.

First I agree but then I don't think he's sexy because "I'm a dude he's a dude were all dudes" in the words of Keenan or kel which ever sings that shit in goodbuger movie Phone Post

Cyril Jeff - 
FreakDaddy - They have always gave a one pund allowance.....So I don't get why people have their panties in a wad here......That is all.....

no sir, I don't believe they have, title fights are contested at the weight, on the button...

That is true in the Unified rules, but in Quebec and I believe Ontario as well, you are allowed a one pound allowance for all fights (including title fights).

It is no different than the UFC doing same day weigh-ins when they fight in Ohio. Different athletic commissions have slightly different rules regarding the weigh-ins.

Can we not just move on? The fight was a bore and all questions were answered. We learned the following from the fight and nothing more need be said:

(i) GSP is a boring but dominant fighter who will not take risks to finish.
(ii) Diaz has NOTHING for GSP.
(iii) Diaz is genuinely mentally ill.

this kinda explains why Georges was on the scale for like 2 seconds. He knew he was not 171, and was on.. waiting for it to say 170.4... flick up to as high as .7.. never actually close enough to 171 to matter, jumped off.. Not saying its rigged.. as long as they use this every time in UFC for all title fights, not just fights in Canada. This is legit.. if not.. If either one weighed in over 170.00000000000 it should be the same as missing weight.

FreakDaddy - 
NotImpressedByYourScreenName - 
boulder40 -

This also. FreakDaddy get your facts straight before you post with authority cos you're making an ass of yourself Phone Post

No need to call me an ass....They have GSP listed at 170, not 171. So he made weight......If I am wrong about the one pound allowance okay my bad.....But, they have him listed at 170, not 171 or 170.9........So he made weight.....Just sick of all this excuse bullshit from the Diaz camp and fans.......I am a fan of Nick too, but this drama is nonsense.......Plus u all know Nick and his camp would have cried about this on fight night if it were true......

Did you even watch the video? Or did you just come in and start posting?
They told Diaz if him or gsp were 170.9 they would announce it as 170. So GSP could have been allowed to weigh in at that weight and we would never know because they would put down 170.

Title fights are suppose to be 170.00 or less.