A.Silva v Lee Murray

Jason Barret , Mark Epstein etc etc - lol 

I was at the fight and standing cageside. I was there cornering my friend fo rhis fight earlier on the show.One thing I remember was that Lee murray used to sell literally half the tickets to those shows and all his fans would stay at the bar outside drinking until his fight so the venue would be half empty until the main event and then everyone would pile in.

To be honest I found Lee to be quite a laid back guy and got the impression that he was happy enough to put in a good performance against these world class guys. I think the majority of his fans didn't really understand the sport or what they were looking at and just came along to see a street fight.

Anderson tooled him. Phone Post 3.0

What happened to the Lee Murray movie?

Ruthless Power>Killer Point Fighter - Anderson tooled him. Phone Post 3.0

He did, but its worth remembering that this was in the days when there was a huge gulf in the levels of fighters from Brazil, USA, Japan etc, and the rest of world, now its much more of a level playing field. Also worth remembering that Anderson could be considered the best MMA fighter of all time and was in his prime during this period, maybe just two fights prior before joining the UFc and quickly cleaning out their middleweight division.

Stern - Lee Murray is one of my all time favorites. He was very very fucking legit. He could've been world champion. He had an amazing amount of talent

This is why I can't stand him. He had hell of talent, but pissed it away to be a fucking criminal. People idolize this asshole, and I don't understand why?

He's a thief and kidnapper. Anybody who would kidnap a Woman and eight year old child, in a plot to steal money, is a colossal piece of shit. Fuck that guy, he's an abhorrent human being.

GSDbestbreed -
Stern - Lee Murray is one of my all time favorites. He was very very fucking legit. He could've been world champion. He had an amazing amount of talent

This is why I can't stand him. He had hell of talent, but pissed it away to be a fucking criminal. People idolize this asshole, and I don't understand why?

He's a thief and kidnapper. Anybody who would kidnap a Woman and eight year old child, in a plot to steal money, is a colossal piece of shit. Fuck that guy, he's an abhorrent human being.
Exactly. That's what makes the Anderson fight even more enjoyable. People like to think Murray was holding his own but if you turn the commentary off it's basically a lion toying with its prey. Phone Post 3.0

mindless optimism - I was at the weigh ins and watched the fight cageside. Weigh in was fucking awesome, i sat next to lee for part of it, he was talking to me about one of the ring girls, suggesting how it would be possible to pull her panties to one side. It was fucking hilarious but i will admit, it was my second ever weigh in and i was a tad over-awed

they had shorts given to them to fight in, with numerous flag patches. Lee realised he would have to fight in shorts with a Brazilian flag on and made quite a show of saying fuck having this flag on my shorts, sat there ripping the thing off.

you've probably seen the head-to-head and lee saying 'you're going dahn' until he was dragged away, leaving an unintimidated Silva standing there screwing about the disrespect.

fight happened, everyone from south London crowded around the cage, saying they were in his corner. Most intense atmosphere of all time. Lee suffered a fuckin almighty bruise to his thigh.

afterwards, Silva pops over to troll him by handing over the discarded Brazilian flag patch from his shorts. Lee told him to fuck off or something like that. Fin
Awesome! Must have been crazy being there. VTFU for the story Phone Post 3.0

Lee Murray...all that raw talent. Sad.

In Phone Post 3.0

I was at this. As already said there was quite an atmosphere Phone Post 3.0

Later Phone Post 3.0

GSDbestbreed -

Wasn't the heist post stabbing?
I thought he got seriously fucked up in that incident and there were questions regarding whether he'd be able to fight again at a peak level?
(Could be remembering wrong!) Phone Post 3.0

To be fair to Lee, I think he was very serious about MMA but a couple of unfortunate things derailed his career.

After he won his first UFC fight, it turned out he couldn't fight for them again because of visa issues. So he went back to Cage Rage and he had to face Anderson, who was wasn't so well known at time.

After losing that fight, he then nearly died as from a stabbing. He lost all his muscle mass and apparently when he went back training, he wasn't quite the same as before.

Having lost all the momentum he had, I can see why it was more tempting for him just to rob a bank instead. Phone Post 3.0

I remember it being on the front page of a newspaper when he get stabbed

I'm sure they dramatised it a bit like newspapers do but he was in a bad way

I think he knew his fight career was done after that incident, someone really did him in,
Did it ever come out what that was over? Phone Post 3.0

Hulk Rogan - To be fair to Lee, I think he was very serious about MMA but a couple of unfortunate things derailed his career.

After he won his first UFC fight, it turned out he couldn't fight for them again because of visa issues. So he went back to Cage Rage and he had to face Anderson, who was wasn't so well known at time.

After losing that fight, he then nearly died as from a stabbing. He lost all his muscle mass and apparently when he went back training, he wasn't quite the same as before.

Having lost all the momentum he had, I can see why it was more tempting for him just to rob a bank instead. Phone Post 3.0

No you got it wrong. Lee was already financially set before he became famous as an MMA fighter. Legally he owned a security firm but he was also an enforcer for some connected London guys

The stabbing was over a drug deal gone bad and turkish mobsters put out a hit on him

And he knew who Anderson was, he wanted that fight because of who Anderson was.

The robbery was just him being a criminal, not a last minute decision because his MMA career was over

Denis Kelly -

I was at the fight and standing cageside. I was there cornering my friend fo rhis fight earlier on the show.One thing I remember was that Lee murray used to sell literally half the tickets to those shows and all his fans would stay at the bar outside drinking until his fight so the venue would be half empty until the main event and then everyone would pile in.

Hey, who were you cornering? Phone Post 3.0

I was cornering Ryan Robinson fighting for CR Heavyweight title. I seem to remember Lee M making a good recovery from the stabbing and the London shoot guys putting up videos of him back to training and hitting pads not long after, hwich made the bank robbery thing all the more surprising.

Incidentally, a few years earler on my first ever visit  to London Shoot gym  there was just me, Alexis (the instructor) and Lee Murray on the mat. He would have been well over 100kg back then.

I remember the extremely biased commentators from this fight. They made it quite funny. Phone Post 3.0