A Suggestion to Joe Rogan

Like I said in another thread ANY of the top guys in PRIDE would tool Sylvia.

Yeah ttt for knees.

Dana White actually wants to bring back knees to the head on the ground
very bad.
He's just got to get a little more progress with the athletic commissions
before they can pull it off.
Believe me, the UFC wants to add weapons, not take them away.

I didnt find that fight boring. It was an intersting "Chess Match" and I was interested in Pe De Pano's training in striking, particularily his great use of the jab and leg kicks.

I thought there were a lot of dynamics at play and it was fun to watch unravel.

I'll admit it wasn't highlight reel, but that doesnt mean it wasnt an interesting fight...

Am I alone in this thought?

"Dana White actually wants to bring back knees to the head on the ground very bad. He's just got to get a little more progress with the athletic commissions before they can pull it off. Believe me, the UFC wants to add weapons, not take them away. "

Thats fuckin awesome man. I'm really wanting this to happen. I doubt California will go for it as, Cali is fucking against everything it seems like but I think Vegas would be very open to this.

The Refs in the UFC have already said they would not give out Yellow cards if they meant taking away money from a fighter. They are against that. I could see it deducting points, that would be fine. But in all reality, knees need to come back.

I can't imagine Joe pretending that it was an exciting fight as the fans boo
in the background. Joe's doung great as the voice of the UG on ufc. He
reflects what most people feel on these boards.

...No, that would be stupid (I really hope you were being sarcastic)

"MMA isn't like other sports. You can't fake being excited for something thats not exciting. If they are just stalling and breathing heavily on eachother, you can't go "OH WOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ACTION!!!". It just doesn't work that way. Joe's commentary for this fight was perfect even though I think he was giving De Pano way too much credit for the things he was doing as, De Pano did NOTHING in that entire fight."

Actually Brigham, that is exactly what I was implying. I guess I didn't word it right.

I like the straight shooting, personally. If you think the fight's gonna suck, then I want to hear just that.

I completely understand your point, Rastus. But I don't want a commentator to avoid saying exactly what he feels. I may disagree and think this is gonna be a great fight, or may agree. Either way, I want a genuine opinion and no fluff.

I dont think Joe should change anything about his announcing style.

Joe's always gonna sound cool, especially when compared to Bravo:)

Seriously, though I don't know what he's watching with his round scores at times.

Justin

Dana already save enough on fighter salaries without the yellow card system.

I support knees to the head.

I don't support taking fighters money away, but honestly at the UFC level you need to be bringing it in the fight. There has got to be a solution to this. Taking points might be good but I'd hate to see someone lose a fight because they stalled a bit in round 2. Maybe a midget can run out and punch them in the balls or something.

I've also seen Bas Rutten clown on boring fights. He'll start talking about the weather or something all sarcastic when the fighters are just leaning on each other or something.

Also, good job Joe Rogan. You are definately good for the sport. It's actually funny when you say something about a fight being boring and then the unexpected happens, then I see the excitement.

"It's actually funny when you say something about a fight being boring and then the unexpected happens, then I see the excitement."

Heh. Yeah, that's happened, and then Joe is like "well, as you can see anything can happen"... And the truth is it can. Which is so fucking cool about MMA.

Bas can't help but be enthusiastic and lovable. I would love to hear him commentate in the UFC but not if they were to say "Joe or Bas" I like Bas a lot but Joe and Goldie are just too perfect IMO for the UFC. I enjoy their commentary a lot.

"I've got a better idea, bring back knees to the head on the ground, and all of a sudden that's an exciting fight."

Can't argue with that. Will make the fights much more exciting.

Joe, who does the matchmaking? Dana exclusively?

ttt

a suggestion to Joe Rogan - don't let Bonnar ever commentate again.

LOL@Joe avoiding the question.

Who did you think won the tito/forrest fight?