About this Pic Making the rounds...

https://twitter.com/Assalamualeikum/status/1368488403352784904?s=19

Thoughts?

1 Like

Racist

No way in hell that you can expect a ref, from a standing position, to see that gap under the knee from his angle, or not be convinced the knee landed considering the speed in which it happened or the reaction after the fact.

So the only question that could be asked in this situation is, was this under the rules of the “instant replay” and if so, where they followed?

Once the fight was stopped, at best, you could hope for a No-Contest based on a clear replay. To change something 12 hours later based on a photo, now you are talking an AC appeal, which rarely overturns anything.

1 Like

It would be massive for Yan if he can get this turned to a NC. He would still be champ.

Appeal is incoming, for sure.

https://twitter.com/barny706/status/1368510951733960704?s=19

2 Likes

Looks like the knee was down to me in that gif.  

6 Likes
cool hand Ed -

Looks like the knee was down to me in that gif.  

Definitely seems that way.

Also, the knee was clearly down and planted when Yan threw his knee.

https://twitter.com/barny706/status/1368510951733960704

cool hand Ed -

https://twitter.com/barny706/status/1368510951733960704?s=19

Sorry didn't see your post after I followed OP's link.

It’s cleasr from the GIF that the knee WAS down before impact.

Still, look at these:

Paulo Costa ( Borrachinha )

@BorrachinhaMMA

10h

Adesanya were you drunk too?

Aljamain Sterling

@funkmasterMMA

6h

You cheated your entire UFC career and you have the balls to call someone an actor? You lost your manhood when you decided to inject yourself so that you actually compete.

I hope Sandhagen tools like he did to you in practices before.

Quote Tweet

TJ Dillashaw

@TJDillashaw

· 11h

And the Oscar goes to @FakeMaster for Best Actor in a Title Fight and Petr Yan needs a crash course in the rules of the sport he was once champion in. Hey Petr now you’re a cheater too, bitch.

Demetrious Johnson

@MightyMouse

11h

Heres the thing you cant stall the fight by sitting on your knees. Knees to a grounded opponent should be allowed!

Petr “No Mercy” Yan

@PetrYanUFC

5h

Glad to see champ is fine now…

1 Like

Mighty makes a valid point. We've seen fighters trying to take advantage of downed opponent rule times before. Not saying Sterling did it, but down on your knees (or 1 knee) shouldn't be considered a grounded opponent.

3 Likes

someones saying the knee didnt land?

![](upload://rFWx7AUVAeUtb4rekJDpOEO6oV7.jpeg)

![](upload://kLMkRFf3Ll3fyRbuIBFs7KMT9ws.jpeg)

no too interested in a picture when the video and gif clearly show his knee down and his head snap back

3 Likes
forrestfan - no too interested in a picture when the video and gif clearly show his knee down and his head snap back

100%

forrestfan - no too interested in a picture when the video and gif clearly show his knee down and his head snap back

Morons don’t understand that the pic is post connection and the force would have caused aljo’s knee to be lifted off the ground. This world is full of retards.

You can question the damage it actually did but illegal knee is illegal.

5 Likes

That picture could have been taken after he was hit with the knee and the force of the knee lifted his own off the of the ground, no? 

1 Like
forrestfan - no too interested in a picture when the video and gif clearly show his knee down and his head snap back

From what I saw last night, it was a bird's eye view and not a profile view of the knee so it was really hard to tell. Did new video surface? 

And lol @ TJ lumping Petr's illegal strike to the same level of cheating as using PEDs.. come on...

2 Likes

So the knee only hit Aljo's glove? Oh man........

Edit: You can clearly see in the video that is not true. Not sure about the screenshot, but it did hit his chin.

Wutang - 

From what I saw last night, it was a bird's eye view and not a profile view of the knee so it was really hard to tell. Did new video surface? 

And lol @ TJ lumping Petr's illegal strike to the same level of cheating as using PEDs.. come on...